New job Co-op Accounting Technician - Saskploytechnic Students in Saskatchewan
Co-op Accounting Technician - Saskploytechnic Students
Company : MNP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Make an impact with our Assurance & Accounting team as a Co-op Accounting Technician. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide comprehensive, tailored financial information that enables clients to make informed decisions with confidence.
- Assist with compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Prepare and maintain government remittances/filings, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable and payroll transactions
- Set-up client files, assist with the completion of budgets and complete administrative planning
- Perform the month-end and quarter-end close process
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL accounts including cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, intercompany and point of sale (POS)/system uploads
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to develop resolutions
- Communicate with governments regarding information requests, assessments and installments
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Enrolled in the Co-op program at your post-secondary institution
- Previous accounting related office experience is considered an asset
- Customer service and/or client service experience is considered an asset
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is considered and asset
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off, firm sponsored social events, bonus program eligibility, exclusive access to perks and discounts, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!