New job Civil Engineer, Renewables in Quebec
Civil Engineer, Renewables
Company : DNV
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Local Unit & Position Description: We’ve all seen the news: we have six to eight years to meaningfully mitigate the climate crisis. Where are you going to spend them?
DNV Energy System's Civil Engineering team is growing, and we are looking for you. Our team is comprised of highly skilled civil, structural, and geotechnical engineers, consulting to the world’s largest stakeholders for solar, wind, and battery storage energy projects. We are seeking a* Civil Engineer* who is ready to grow and develop while supporting our US and Canadian team. The engineer in this position will be exposed to the broadest cross-section of wind, solar, and storage projects of any renewables company in the world.
By joining our team at DNV, you will be part of championing the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to positively impact society and the planet. We achieve our purpose through long-term success of our customers. We strive to be a high-performing, innovative team which reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
This position will be located in our Montreal, CA or Toronto, CA offices*
What you’ll do*
- Support the preliminary designs of solar and wind Projects; from siting, to preliminary design, to EPC bid handling, to construction and as-built documentation.
- Review civil design drawings and studies for solar and wind energy project’s civil infrastructure, to support project financing or owner due diligence processes
- Evaluate innovative design concepts for solar and wind energy Project site design.
- Evaluate root cause analyses from flooding and erosion of solar and wind energy projects.
- Observation and documentation of solar and wind energy project construction.
- Secondary responsibilities can consist of; pre-construction site visits, product technical assessments, construction QA/QC documentation review, specification writing and internal software development.
- Embark on a rewarding and fulfilling career with one of the industry’s leading consultancies and make a few friends along the way.
Position Qualifications: What is required
- Bachelor of Science – civil engineering, soil science, or hydrology.
- E.I.T. or can obtain within 6 months
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil3D and/or other Autodesk design tools.
- Familiarity with hydraulic engineering software systems (FLO2D, HEC-RAS, WMS, SMS or equivalents).
- Understanding of typical construction methods for solar and wind energy projects.
- Understanding of stormwater management regulations in the US and/or Canada for project construction.
- Travel up to 10%-20% Domestic and 5% International may be required.
- We conduct pre- employment background screenings
Preferred Skills (Not Required)*
- 2 to 5 years of experience with project design through construction.
- Knowledge of common solar project layout concepts.
- Prior experience in land surveying and mapping.
- Master of Science
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare and We Share!
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day. Read more here:
Diversity - DNV
Meet our employees - DNV
Career development - DNV
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description: DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement: DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Location: 4100 Rue Molson Suite 100, Montréal, QC
Job Type: Full-time