New job Administrative Assistant in Ontario
Company : Ontario's LHINs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Ontario’s health care system is evolving and, as part of Ontario Health, the Central West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) operating under the business name Home and Community Care Support Services Central West, in close partnership with Ontario Health Teams (OHTs), is on the forefront of helping to build a modern, technologically supported health care system that will enable integrated teams of health care professionals to deliver the best possible care for improved patient outcomes. By building high-performing integrated care delivery systems that provide seamless, fully coordinated care for patients, OHTs will help to achieve better outcomes for patients across the province. As an essential component of an integrated and sustainable health care system, this includes a strong and robust Home and Community Care sector.
More than ever, your skills and experience are needed now and into the future, which is why we want you to join us in being part of the journey. We invite you to learn more about OHTs in our area by clicking here. The future of health care in Ontario is now. Join Ontario Health’s Home and Community Care Support Services Central West team and together, we will build a healthier community for all.
We are currently seeking a Regular Full-time Administrative Assistant
Reporting to the Director, Strategy, Integration & Planning and working with Directors of Communications provincially, the Administrative Assistant will support the overall success of the Strategy, Project Management, Communications and Engagement portfolios across the province. The successful candidate is motivated and committed to relationship building, and will be a valued team member by delivering efficient administrative and coordination support in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities may include the following:
1. Departmental and administrative functions:
- Coordination of in-person meetings which includes booking and setting up rooms, sending meeting notices and invitations, ordering refreshments and taking and distributing minutes;
- Coordination of virtual meetings which includes selecting the appropriate platform (MS Teams, Zoom, etc.), sending meeting invites with links and attachments and supporting technical requirements during the meeting;
- Preparation and formatting of a variety of memos, correspondence and reports, in alignment with our visual identity guidelines;
- Coordination and distribution of department vacation schedule;
- Development of a variety of administrative systems and procedures to enhance efficiencies within the department;
- Collecting and distributing department’s mail, faxes and internal memos;
- Maintaining appropriate and accessible filing systems for the storage of all department correspondence and documentation. This includes applicable administrative systems and procedures for the retention of controlled documents on the designated SharePoint sites;
- Responding to telephone inquiries with minimal instruction;
- Providing or organizing technical support and electronic equipment for the department as required, such as setting up and running presentations;
- Ordering office supplies for the department as needed;
- Assisting in the research, preparation and reporting of a wide range of information requests by government agencies, HCCSS and other agencies;
- Assist with the coordination of project work as assigned.
- Coordinate the collection and maintenance of relevant statistics for the department;
- Development of a variety of statistical spreadsheets, graphs and reports;
- Preparation of reports for distribution.
- Maintaining the Directors’ schedule and calendar;
- Preparing agendas for meetings and record minutes or action items, as required;
- Acting as a liaison between the Directors and VPs across the departments;
- Coordinating internal and external meetings and committees on behalf of the department.
- Provide administration and coordination support for provincial initiatives involving team members from across the 14 HCCSS organizations;
- Assist with the development and formatting of communications materials/correspondence for print and electronic mediums;
- Assist and participate in event planning for internal and external engagement activities;
- Support the distribution of communications materials during business hours;
- Monitor various email inboxes, media and other organizational communication and triage accordingly;
- Support the development of reports for internal and external stakeholders, as well as our Board of Directors;
- Other communications support as assigned.
- Adhere to health and safety policies/practices developed and implemented by HCCSS and take reasonable precautions
- Other duties as assigned.
Post-secondary education in business, general administration or related field, or equivalent experience. Undergraduate degree is preferred;
- Minimum three to five year’s job-related experience in an administrative position, at least one year providing support to director level;
- Experience in office administration;
- Ability to participate as an effective team member and to support departmental and organizational goals and objectives;
- Strong communication and grammar skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to work independently and respond to multiple changing demands and deadlines;
- Ability to work in a virtual environment using platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure of competing demands;
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced computer skills employing a variety of software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows Explorer;
- Strong, accurate keyboarding skills;
- Experience in recording minutes;
- Familiarity with human resources policies and collective agreements;
- Ability to deal with issues in a confidential manner;
- Demonstrates commitment to Home and Community Care Support Services’ mission, vision and values.
Who We Are
Home and Community Care Support Services (formerly LHINs) play a key role in Ontario’s health care system. Working in partnership with patients, families, providers and community organizations, Home and Community Care Support Services ensure people have access to the health care they need — at home and in the community.
A mosaic of geographic and cultural diversity, and home to 922,000+ residents, Home and Community Care Support Services Central West provides supportive health care services for the regions of Brampton, Caledon, Dufferin, Malton, North Etobicoke and West Woodbridge. Our focus is on creating a better experience for patients and those who care for them.
How to Apply
We are governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and, therefore, encourage applications from bilingual candidates. Posting available in French upon request.