New job Sys Design Architect V in New Brunswick
Sys Design Architect V
Company : IGT
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
The SPIELO brand represents a complete range of end-to-end gaming products for diverse gaming segments, including distributed government-sponsored markets, commercial casino markets, and Amusement With Prize (AWP) markets.
IGT is looking for an Architect.
In this vital role with the IGT Video Lottery Terminal (VLT) Architecture team, you will work with various engineering teams, product assurance, and product management to help shape the future of IGT’s VLT Gaming business, with a focus on Embedded Controller Architecture and Embedded VLT Platform Architecture. You will work to define architectural roadmaps, assess the impact of architecturally relevant product changes and document preferred implementation paths, help to refine product or feature scope, define interfaces between cross functional components, and support product development on critical issues.
- BSCS degree or equivalent, plus fifteen (15) years experience or MS degree plus twelve (12) years software development experience.
- Minimum of 12 years of software development in a major programming language (C, C++, C#) is required
- Minimum of (7) years of embedded software development experience
- Minimum (10) years of development experience with the Linux Operating System
- Minimum of (5) years of experience with networking, TCP/IP family of protocols, secure socket communications
- Solid understanding of software architectural patterns & practices
Nice to have skills:
- Significant experience in development of slot machine platforms, controller platforms and games
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Experience with distributed transaction algorithms (Two-phase commit, Saga, and other patterns)
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with HTML5
- Experience with Unity 3D
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, etc
The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, good oral and written communication skills, and have a high level of interpersonal skills. Must be a self motivated team player with the ability to work in a customer oriented, very fast-paced and demanding environment with minimal supervision. Must be at least 21 years old. Must be able to work overtime as needed. Some travel may be required.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, provincial or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.