New job Senior Business Analyst in Manitoba
Senior Business Analyst
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $59,406 - $74,801 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular fulltime, term full-time or part-time positions in The Department of Families and will remain in effect for six (6) months.
The Senior Business Analyst is a key member of the Early Learning and Child Care Branch within the Department of Families. The position develops and manages the information communications technology (ICT) business platforms and processes of the branch, including: gathering business requirements, identifying service gaps, analyzing data, identifying trends, developing new IT enhancements and conducting root cause analyses. In addition, the position is responsible for providing end-user support and training on the program’s IT systems: Child Care Online and the Manitoba Child Care Search tool. Using whole of government, departmental and divisional lenses, the position assesses the business needs of the branch. These solutions are often IT based, but could also be improved business and administrative processes and practices. The position also provides leadership and coaching on continuous improvement projects and transformation initiatives.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Posses and maintian a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Post secondary education in the fields of Business Analysis, Information Systems and Business Transformation, or an equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience
- Experience in leading and applying business analysis engagements, developing business cases, documenting business requirements, identifying and evaluating technology options and solutions to ensure alignment with business needs
- Experience developing and managing Information communications technology (ICT) business platforms and processes of an organizations
- Effective analytical skills with the ability to apply them within an Information Communications Technology (ICT) setting
- Excellent verbal communications skills including the ability to facilitate and or deliver presentations to senior management officials and the public
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise correspondence such as emails, letters, reports to a variety of audiences.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Windows operating system, SharePoint database structures, internet or equivalents
- Experience in the areas of technical support, networking and application development
The key duties of The Senior Business Analyst are: planning, analysis and management of ICT Systems, relationship management and communication, continuous improvement leadership and training and strategic planning and guidance.
The Senior Business Analyst is the program lead for planning, analysis and management of ICT systems within the program, and is responsible for understanding and supporting the business requirements and processes. The position provides service the internal and external clients of the program, opportunities for improved efficiency, service delivery and service quality. The position is also required to manage relationships and communication with IT business leads of other branches and divisions within the department.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.