New job Research Associate in Prince Edward Island
Company : The Center for Aquaculture Technology
Salary : $35,000 - $44,000 a year
Location : Prince Edward Island
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies, a private aquaculture innovation and research company, is seeking a Research Associate in Souris, PE. This is a full-time, Permanent, position and will begin immediately with the successful candidate reporting to the Lab Manager in Fish Health.
· Performs routine laboratory procedures such as bacterial or viral propagation and primary cell culture maintenance.
· Assisting in the set-up and execution of in vitro experiments
· Carries out data acquisition, analysis, interpretation, and reporting/verification of results.
· Care and maintenance of the laboratory including calibration and qualification of equipment as well as completion of records.
· Develops and revises Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Provides training for staff in use of specific SOPs.
· Management of staff including interns and junior research associates.
Desired skills/ experience/ competencies:
· A minimum of a BSc. in a relevant field. Preference will be given to those with microbiology, cell culture and/or research experience.
· Eligible to work in Canada.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing and executing multiple projects concurrently.
· Physically able to handle routine and repetitive tasks, bending, and lifting 15kgs.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Experience working in a regulatory environment in compliance with standard operating procedures.
· Service oriented with a commitment to ensuring client satisfaction.
· Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
· Commitment to CATC’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CATC’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
CATC offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Closing date: September 26, 2021
Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to: email attached.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2021-09-26
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00-$44,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday