New job Registered Nurse (RN) in New Brunswick
Registered Nurse (RN)
Company : Parkland on the River, Losier Hall
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
With approximately 5000 employees, Shannex RLC Limited is a family-owned Canadian company based in the Maritimes. With over 30 years of experience creating better ways to deliver seniors living and long-term care communities throughout Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario, Shannex offers a continuum of lifestyle options under our flagship brands Parkland™, Shannex™ and Faubourg du Mascaret.
If you are resident-focused, results oriented, service-oriented people leader who wants to be part of a new and dynamic team, we want to hear from you.
Shannex has the following exciting opportunity available at Losier Hall:
Registered Nurse (R.N.)
Part Time Permanent (0.6 FTE) and Casual Positions Available.
Miramichi, New Brunswick
Who we are…
Losier Hall is a licensed level 3 nursing home located on the Miramichi River in Chatham Head. Recently opened on October 1, 2019, Losier Hall became home to 159 residents. Each resident has their own private room housed in a small neighborhood of 20-21 residents. There are outdoor courtyards that are easily accessible as well as an indoor ‘Main Street’ that includes a café, library, salon and chapel.
What you will do…
Located in Miramichi, NB, and reporting to the Health Services Manager, our Registered Nurses are part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Retirement Living Division. The Registered Nurse (RN) plans, directs, and evaluates total nursing care, and management of other nursing personnel on a shift and unit.
What we offer…
- Ability to work full scope of practice including supervision of staff;
- Competitive salaries & recognition of years of experience;
- Opportunities for growth, training and development, including in-house leadership development program for nurses;
- Comprehensive benefit & pension plan through NBANH (Full Time eligible immediately upon hire)
- Free onsite parking
- The ability to make a measurable difference in the quality of life for residents and their families
How you will do it…
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, documenting and directing residents needs through consultation with medical professionals, care conferences and internal staff;
- Providing leadership to health services staff and overseeing provision of quality health services respecting the resident’s right to individualized planning of health services;
- Developing and implementing of resident directed Care Plans;
- Working with the existing management and health services teams to promote communication and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation;
- Assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of resident care plans;
- Administering and recording prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice;
- Maintaining the standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting;
- Applying dressings and treatments according to physician’s orders and policy;
- Assisting with supervision and evaluation of job performance and behavior of other health care staff.
- Graduate of approved School of nursing, bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred;
- Current registration with the provincial association of Registered Nurses;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
The following would be an asset…
- Alzheimer’s & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred;
- Palliative / Hospice Care experience preferred;
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience with evaluating employee job performance;
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Ability to supervise staff including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for team members where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our colleagues are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Are you interested in casual or part-time employment?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Nursing Registration (required)