New job Manager, Partnership Development in British Columbia
Manager, Partnership Development
Company : British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
BCIT International is currently seeking a regular, full-time Manager, Partnership Development. This key role initiates, develops and maintains partner relationships with BCIT and its agents in the international higher education community to enhance awareness of and affinity for BCIT as an educational institution of choice. Collaborates closely with institutions and recruitment agencies to support the recruitment and admissions of international students to BCIT. Plays a critical role in streamlining and improving recruitment and admissions processes and procedures of international students.
Duties & Responsibilities
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILIITES:
- Works closely with the Director of International Recruitment and Admissions and the Dean of BCIT International to incorporate BCIT’s vision and strategic priorities into critical relationship development with stakeholders, and to oversee market-specific marketing strategies from inception to completion. Researches opportunities to enhance marketing strategies to prioritize engagement and support institutional linkages for students and faculty to undertake international initiatives.
- Prospects for new partner schools and organizations. Researches and initiates development of partnerships and relationships with public and private schools in both secondary and post-secondary institutions in international markets.
- Creates awareness of and affinity for BCIT in the international higher education community, government and industry. Develops proposals with international partner schools and agencies in compliance with terms of reference, creates project budgets, contract terms and conditions.
- Collaborates in developing and executing on market entry strategies by specific markets. Assists with recruitment campaigns, messaging and presentations.
- Assists the BCIT International recruitment team in Agent development and training for both local and international offices, including recommendations on initiating and terminating agency contracts. Develops, enhances, and evaluates materials for training agent partners who are representing BCIT at events.
- Collaborates with various internal stakeholders for inter-institutional and commercial partnership opportunities, to ensure alignment of BCIT’s academic integrity of student enrolment and administration procedures.
- Advocates for success of BCIT international students by addressing a wide variety of recruitment and admissions concerns from students, faculty, administration and leadership teams. Collaborates closely with BCIT Schools and departments to identify current and future needs of international students.
- Maintains positive relationships with local, provincial and national secondary and post-secondary organizations. Collaborates with other organizations on common issues and concerns related to public education policy.
- Monitors developments and trends within the higher education sector. Analyzes and reports on BCIT’s performance and makes recommendations for improvements. Establishes, prioritizes and organizes work procedures and performance standards to achieve identified objectives and scorecard metrics.
- Represents BCIT at education fairs, Canadian and international college and university events, secondary school events, embassies, conferences, and business events to promote BCIT as a prestigious educational institution. Maintains positive relationships with international delegations and visitors.
- Manages directly and indirectly reporting staff, overseeing and participating in selection, coaching, mentoring, development, performance management and all other people-management practices.
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree in Communications, International Relations, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Five to seven years of experience in international post-secondary education and service experience in education / training, and / or industry with extensive focus on international education, recruitment and admissions.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Advanced understanding of issues related to international students and Canadian education experience, including applicable federal and provincial legislations.
- Advanced knowledge of international education market, agencies and educational institutions.
- Experienced in reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Track records of successes in business developments and contracts.
- Able to travel to both domestic and international locations to meet and liaise with potential partners and clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and sustain relationships and rapport with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including delivering presentations and facilitating group discussions.
- Excellent business acumen, political astuteness, diplomacy, including intercultural and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Strong ability to demonstrate effective and positive management style towards people, culture, diversity and operational issues.
- Strong ability to apply sound judgment in problem-solving, evaluating courses of action, and making decisions on complex matters while safeguarding BCIT’s reputation.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
Number of Vacancies
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date
Competition Open Date
Competition Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quicklink for Posting