New job Hemmera - Project Manager (Intermediate - Senior) - Yellowknife in Northwest Territories
Hemmera - Project Manager (Intermediate - Senior) - Yellowknife
Company : Ausenco
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Northwest Territories
You are a highly motivated individual with excellent business development, technical and people skills to join our Hemmera team. You will be a professional scientist with northern project management experience in the fields of environmental planning and ecology and/or contaminated site investigation and remediation and who can lead challenging projects and play a key role in the growth and development of the firm.
This role will be based out of our Yellowknife office and will require limited travel to client or project sites as needed.
About the role
In your role, you will have the opportunity to take on a wide variety of tasks. Some examples include:
- Providing team leadership in the areas of environmental monitoring, planning and permitting, contaminated site investigations and remediation, and environmental planning & ecological services.
- Managing complex tasks related to projects while managing multi-disciplinary teams, including biologists, scientists, environmental monitors, engineers, hydrogeologists, risk assessors, and technical specialists as well as multiple contractors and subcontractors.
- Managing projects from proposal generation to the delivery of quality reports. Develops and maintains a project plan and ensures projects are successfully delivered on time and within budget.
- Developing strong client relationships, provides ongoing dialogue over the course of a project and ensures client’s needs are communicated and successfully delivered upon.
- Assisting in the mentoring and development of junior and intermediate staff with respect to environmental assessment, contaminated sites and project management services.
- Promoting and maintaining a positive work environment through a culture of teamwork and cooperation within the office, region, and between other areas of the organization.
- Implementing Hemmera processes and approaches (e.g., project management, quality program) to ensure that schedule, cost and quality objectives for project deliverables are achieved.
- Familiarity with environmental compliance and industry best management practices and mitigation measures.
- Leading or contributing to the development of regulatory submissions, including NWT Water Board Land Use Permits and Water Licenses.
- Liaising with regulatory agencies, government agencies, stakeholders, industry representatives, and Indigenous peoples and businesses.
- Mentoring junior staff.
You are solutions-oriented and have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering related field.
- Professional designation, or ability to obtain, is considered an asset.
- You have a minimum five years of experience, with two year in a consulting role.
- Project administration or experience managing projects, including budgets and schedules.
- You have experience engaging with clients and managing projects in northern and remote areas.
- Proficient with supervising contractors and subcontractors would also be an asset.
- Strong project management skills and experience with the territorial, provincial and federal regulatory regimes is required.
- Experience preparing project proposals and cost projections.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills and attention to detail.
- An understanding of the ecological and socio-economic realities of the North.
- Understanding of the NWT Land and Water Boards processes (Water Licensing and Land Permitting).
- Understanding of the Mackenzie Valley Environmental Impact Review Board processes (Environmental Assessment).
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Valid driver’s license
We are a Canadian environmental consultancy, entrepreneurial in its essence. Our acquisition by Ausenco has poised us for growth, and we’re looking for talented environmental professionals to support that growth. Hemmera recognizes that every individual’s contribution is essential to The Hemmera Way. Diversity is integral to who we are, and how we work together. At Hemmera we support and promote a welcoming, inclusive workplace in which our individual differences are valued. We offer a flexible work environment, competitive rewards, and the opportunity for innovation, collaboration, and ownership of projects. Hemmera is a values-driven business committed to sustainability.
We are a collaborative and team-oriented group. We work hard to provide exceptional customer service and high-quality deliverables to our clients, and we also have a lot of fun. We’re a supportive and collaborative bunch who help each other excel and succeed together.
The role is based in our Yellowknife office, but you may be required to travel across Canada for short periods of time.