New job Executive Office Receptionist in Alberta
Executive Office Receptionist
Company : SAIT
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students. Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
We are looking for individuals who align with our commitment to excellence and who demonstrates:
o a growth mindset through curiosity, creativity, and collaboration
o leads with a world-class customer experience mindset
o is dynamic and responsible to the needs of stakeholders, speed and agility are critical
o someone who embraces trial and error as an important part of learning
This position supports the Executive office and staff with reception and administrative support that provides for a professional and organized office environment. This position requires one to be highly diplomatic, professional and able to cope with constant disruptions throughout the day.
The incumbent maintains and troubleshoots all office equipment, maintains the office's general supplies and budget, coordinates couriers, mail, catering and greets and directs all visitors to the Executive office.
- Guest Interactions
- Greet all visitors and guests to the Executive office and direct them appropriately
- Answer telephone inquiries from staff, students and public; transfer and assist callers as appropriate
- Arrange parking for visitors as required
- Office Administration:
- Opening and Distribution of daily confidential mail
- Maintain and troubleshoot all office equipment including, toner cartridges, meter readings, paper, etc.
- Coordinate couriers as directed
- Complete all maintenance requests
- Prepare coffee and maintain supplies and cleanliness of coffee room
- Coordinate catering orders for Executive office meetings as required
- Coordinate floral orders as assigned
- Room bookings for SMED Boardroom and other meeting rooms maintained by Executive Offices
- Entry of banner requisitions
- Office Coordination and Collaboration
- Assist Executive Assistant to President with administrative tasks as required
- Maintains reception area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner
- Complete expense claims for Office of the President
- Act as resource person for all new staff to the Executive office
- Organize Executive Assistant team meetings; ensure sufficient coverage during holidays
- Identifies areas of improvement and initiate projects to enhance productivity, efficiency and executive support SAIT information for Executive office staff
- Booking travel, assisting with convocation and other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to regulations, guidelines, and safety standards as required by government regulatory agencies, and those communicated by management and supervisors,
- Follow all General Safety Rules, Codes of Practice, Standard Operating Procedures captured in the SAITs Health and Safety System Manual, actively participate and understand SAIT’s Health and Safety program.
- Post-secondary Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration
- Minimum 2 years experience in an administrative and/or customer service role
- Ability to cooperate with internal and external stakeholders and carry out duties in a diplomatic manner, handle information that may be of sensitive or confidential nature and must maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multitask, maintain a pleasant demeanor, and complete duties in an environment with ongoing interruptions
- Ability to use guidelines and standard operating procedures to problem solve
- Must posses excellent interpersonal and communication skills as a first point of contact for the Executive Office and maintain a student and customer focused attitude.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Decision making, problem solving, and organizational skills to ensure success completion of day-to-day duties
- All duties are completed in a professional manner to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders
Job classification: HR Assistant
# of positions: 1
Posting closing date: August 27, 2021
SAIT believes excellence is achieved through equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) because EDI creates the conditions for a healthy campus where everyone feels welcome, respected and empowered to succeed. SAIT values fairness, shared accountability and the importance of representation. The institution expects a commitment from its students and employees to continuously develop an equitable and inclusive mindset that celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives. SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or comments related to EDI at SAIT.
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop. To continue with the online application process click on the Apply For This Job button or use your LinkedIn profile. All applications should be made through our online system. By using this system to apply for this position, you agree that your candidacy will be visible to all hiring managers at SAIT. If you have concerns about this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply to this email address — all applications should be made through our online system.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false SAIT postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information.
Please be aware that SAIT will never request information beyond what is required for a resume. SAIT will never ask for sensitive personal information such as birthdates, banking, social insurance or health care account information for our application process.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site. If you are uncertain about the validity of a posting or offer, please forward the suspicious posting to email@example.com.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract