New job Equipment Operator II Eastern Health in St. John's, NL Yesterday New! in Newfoundland and Labrador
Equipment Operator II Eastern Health in St. John's, NL Yesterday New!
Company : Eastern Health
Salary : $19.80 - $21.57 an hour
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Location: Health Sciences Centre
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR II
Subject to Classification Review
Paramedicine and Medical Transport
Temporary, Full-Time (Until October 30, 2021, with possibility of extension)
Hours: 75 bi-weekly (12-hour shift work; days; evenings weekends)
Salary: CG-21 ($19.80 - $21.57 per hour)
Competition Number: 2020006129
Posted Date: August 24, 2021
Closing Date: August 31, 2021
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Equipment Operator II performs assisted movements and non-medical transport of persons with compromised mobility and require a stretcher for transport. Transports will be to and from medical facilities and private/public residences. Patients moving from an Eastern Health facility will be medically discharged. The Equipment Operator II does not provide medical treatment; however, ongoing maintenance therapies such as home oxygen will be continued during transport.
The Equipment Operator II reports directly to the Operations Supervisor or Manager and will be tasked by the Medical Communications Centre.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Regularly moves, lifts, or carries passengers or equipment ranging from 10 to 50 pounds and occasionally in excess of 100 lbs. in challenging environments and which are not always conducive to proper ergonomics.
- Position is rated heavy to very heavy.
- Constantly bending, stretching, kneeling or pushing/pulling of stretchers (which require up to 35 lbs. of push/pull force or greater per employee as the terrain and weather conditions dictate; sometimes in small and cramped spaces.
- Operates a large vehicle (ambulance sized) through city streets and competently maneuvers the vehicle in reverse, solely dependent on mirror use.
- Visual concentration and alertness is required, as there are frequent time pressures in this working environment.
- Demonstrates professional courtesy and excellent customer service at all times.
- Successful completion of high school is required.
- Completion of an approved Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) course is an asset.
- Possession of a valid Class 4 Driver's License as issued by the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador is required.
- Current and continuing certification in Standard First Aid and CPR are required.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.
If this is an internal posting only, only applicants of the Eastern Health NAPE HS Regional Bargaining Unit will be considered. Otherwise, if this is posted internal and external, we will accept all applications, but preference will be given to those qualified candidates who are internal to the Eastern Health NAPE HS Regional Bargaining Unit.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: email@example.com. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.