New job Coordinator Building Projects Cape Breton Island Housing Authority in Sydney, NS Yesterday New! in Nova Scotia
Coordinator Building Projects Cape Breton Island Housing Authority in Sydney, NS Yesterday New!
Company : Cape Breton Island Housing Authority
Salary : $64,459 - $78,492 a year
Location : Nova Scotia
Coordinator, Building Projects
Cape Breton Island Housing Authority
Location: Sydney, Nova Scotia
Type of Employment: Permanent, full-time (two positions)
Union Status: NSGEU Local 23
Competition # 21007
Closing Date: September 10, 2021
About Our Opportunity
The Coordinator, Building Projects is responsible for the planning and delivery of residential renovation and construction projects varying in scale and complexity. As the Coordinator, you ensure all projects are completed in accordance with housing authority standards, government policies and the applicable regulatory framework. You will deliver multiple projects concurrently ensuring program objectives are achieved. You will draw on your broad base of knowledge and skills grounded in sustainable building design, building science, cost planning and job forecasting, and project control, enhanced by an understanding of procurement processes, construction contract law, and construction safety.
- In collaboration with the Manager, Building Services and the Department of Infrastructure and Housing, you will coordinate and develop documents that define the project objectives, scope and technical, requirements. This will include supplies cost estimates, timeframes, project governance and any need for design services.
- You will lead the preparation of complete drawing and specification sets that fully and accurately define the technical requirements for projects by collaborating or coordinating activities with design staff, consultants, or by relying on own technical qualifications and design experience.
- You coordinate with procurement staff to create comprehensive tender packages and then support project tender and award processes.
- Managing projects from concept development through close out and warranty period, you ensure that cost, quality and schedule objectives are met, ensuring proper administration of contracts, statutory obligations, and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- You are a graduate of post-secondary training in a building related field such as civil, mechanical, electrical, architecture, or construction management where you achieved either a bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited university or a Diploma of Technology from a nationally accredited program, or equivalent, meeting provincial Certified Engineering Technologist eligibility requirements.
- You will have experience working with multiple technical disciplines, expertise in building design standards, preparing and reviewing drawings, specifications, cost estimates, and controlling costs, with knowledge of contract administration, and public procurement processes.
- You possess a working knowledge of MS Office and MS Project and design software.
- You have a valid Driver's license and access to a motor vehicle.
- You work well independently with minimal supervision and cooperatively in a team environment.
Competencies required at this level of work are: Innovation, Effective Interactive Communications, Partnering and Relationship Building, and Action Oriented.
If you are a team player, who is passionate about improving the lives of Nova Scotians, you are the candidate we are looking for to join our team. We will assess qualifications using one of more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks. Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. Checks may include one or more of the following: criminal background checks, driver's abstract, child abuse registry and confirmation of education credentials.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Work With Us
Based on the employment status, eligibility and union agreement, the Nova Scotia Housing Authorities offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Classification/Pay Grade: PR14
Salary Range: $64,459.31 to $78,491.61
Work Week: 35 hours
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
The Housing Authorities are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve. If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying. In the cover letter or resume, please quote the competition number and name.
Our preferred method of applying is through Career Beacon, otherwise applications/ resumes should be sent directly to:
Housing Authority, Human Resources Services
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.