New job Clerk/Cashier in Saskatchewan
Company : Lake Country Co-operative
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Lake Country Co-op invites applications for the position of Part Time Clerk/Cashier x2 at our Wine, Spirits and Beer –Cornerstone location in Prince Albert, SK.
Who we are: Lake Country Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve our 50,000 members in 18 different communities, delivering profits back and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our Lake Country Co-op brand to life, visit us at www.lakecountryco-op.crs
Reporting to the Team Leader WSB - Cornerstone, Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Demonstrate day to day behaviours and actions that align with and strengthen our Co-op’s vision, mission, values, brand and focus on safety
- Maintain a safe and efficient area while adhering to company policies, procedures and standards in social responsibility.
- Maintain a clean and well merchandised area including but not limited to dusting displays, washing shelves and bottles, sweeping, mopping. Exterior cleaning as needed.
- Suggestively sell add on products in addition to liquor as the store will also feature confectionary, fresh foods and hardware.
- Stock, arrange and rotate liquor merchandise on shelves, stock beer coolers and set up displays. Stocking shelves may involve carrying large quantities of wine, spirits and beer; and, involves accessing products in the back room storage area.
- To be familiar with and adhere to Lake Country Co-op policies such as selling of age restricted items and all government regulations; in terms of sales of wine, spirits, beer and cigarettes.
- To operate electronic cash register and other electronic devices and process sales.
- To receive merchandise as required.
- To perform opening and closing procedures as required.
- Asset protection responsibilities
- Engage and interact with guests to create a positive shopping experience – in person and on the phone
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why it matters: Our Lake Country Co-op team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do and annual sales of $500 million we help to build, fuel, feed and grow our communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Customer Service and:
- You must be 19 years of age or older; liquor industry and retail sales experience, especially in the CRS considered an asset
- Serve it Right Certificate considered an asset however training to be provided to successful applicant
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do
- You are well organized, and capable of attaining a high level of production, with a minimum amount of supervision
- Ability to lift and load products: extensive physical labour is required
- Completion of wine & spirit education classes will be considered an asset
- Flexible work schedule; weekend and evening work is required
Our Lake Country Co-op team members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Lake Country Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Serve It Right - SK