New job CAN Associate Account Executive II in Alberta
CAN Associate Account Executive II
Company : Aon Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our Public Sector Practice within Aon Commercial Risk, in Edmonton, Alberta. As an Associate Account Executive, you will report to the Public Sector Practice Team Leader.
- Manages with working with multiple Account Executives and Brokers, including those located in alternate offices.
- As a key member of the Client Service Team, providing primary client contact on routine account management matters and communication.
- Serving as the internal central contact for all aspects of account activity.
- Under the direction of the Account Executive, servicing existing client portfolio’s, attending to routine insurance issues and providing first response to client enquiries.
- Assist with brokering large or complex accounts (working with the Account Executive and Broking Teams to identify coverage requirements, exposures, etc.).
- Servicing small to medium insurance programs in the capacity of an Account Executive (for example, owner control insurance programs (“OCIPS”).
- Ensuring client electronic files are updated and maintained in accordance with compliance standards. This includes making requests for information direct to clients and handling any subsequent client inquiries Maintaining account receivables.
- Assist Account Executive with maintaining client service schedule (ie. prompting renewal meetings, relationship building events, etc.).
- Analyzing client contracts to identifying insurance obligations that are not met by existing insurance coverage.
- Preparing, or assisting with the preparation of the internal strategic broking and client renewal strategy agenda.
- Assist Account Executive with new business initiatives (ie. coordinating dissemination of marketing material, prompting regular contact with prospect, assisting in developing new business strategies and account penetration).
- Maintaining internal systems and tools to capture and analyses client information, projects and reporting.
- Serves as the primary interface with Aon Client Services (“ACS”) and responsible for raising service requests in Polaris, ensuring key processes assigned are performed effectively.
- Mentoring colleagues as required.
- Minimum three plus years in a similar role is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure.
- Customer service orientation.
- Professional, business acumen.
- Insurance acumen and policy contract language.
- Insurance tax regulations and compliance obligations.
- Arranging and facilitating delivery of owner control and wrap-up liability construction placements.
- High competency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Access Database.
- Post-Secondary degree, Diploma or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience.
- Alberta Level 2 General Insurance Agent License.
- Working towards CIP and/or CAIB and /or related insurance designations.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.