New job Business Analyst - East Pipelines in Alberta
Business Analyst - East Pipelines
Company : TC Energy
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Business Analyst - East Pipelines
Reference Code: 91118
Location: Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
Job Category: Pipeline/Power Operations
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 09/03/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The Canada Gas business represents over $3.5 billion of activity annually, bringing supply from the Western Canadian Sedimentary and U.S. NE basins to various markets in Canada and the U.S. Our Nominations and Allocations staff ensures that TC Energy’s customers are able to conduct their transportation business on a daily basis efficiently and effectively, connecting supply with markets using our various transportation service alternatives.
We are seeking a Business Analyst to provide front-line customer support for day-to-day operations on the eastern Canadian assets including the Canadian Mainline, TQM and Great Lakes Canada systems.
Regular nominations cycles run 5 times daily and consequently, our team works ten and a half hour shifts utilizing four days on-four days off, AM-PM rotation.
PLEASE NOTE: Successful candidates will be expected to fill evening and weekend shifts as part of their regular work schedule.
What you’ll do
- Process nominations, confirmations and other daily scheduling tasks
- Work with customers to resolve nomination errors
- Confirm with interconnecting operators and resolve imbalances
- Identify opportunities for customers to reduce costs
- Train customers in nominations
- Respond to customer scheduling inquiries
- Provide detailed monthly reports to government bodies and regulators
- Work with I.T. partners to ensure reliable e-commerce tools; resolve systems problems that arise
- Manage the day to day operational relationship with customers
- Post-secondary degree in business or related field and/or
- Two or more years of related industry or scheduling experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with analytical tools (spreadsheets) and presentation software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to create effective solutions
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proficiency with computers and computer applications
About our business
Our 57,500-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 09/03/2021 using reference code 91118. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.