New job ATIPP Coordinator in Nunavut
Company : Nunavut Government
Salary : $81,861 a year
Location : Nunavut
This employment opportunity is restricted to residents of Iqaluit only.
Reporting to the Manager, Policy and Planning the ATIPP Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the Department is compliant with the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy (ATIPP) Act. The incumbent ensures excellent client service to the members of the public or the Department seeking information. The ATIPP Coordinator adheres to policies while enhancing transparency and accountability of the Department.
The incumbent functions as the Department’s knowledge expert on ATIPP and records management, policies, legislation and procedures. The incumbent will serve as the departments and public point of contact and will provide excellent client service in a timely manner. The ATIPP Coordinator develops procedures, inclusive of training, to guide departmental staff on matters related to ATIPP requests.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a recognized Diploma in public or business administration or related discipline. Two (2) years of experience working in a policy or regulatory compliance environment along with one (1) year of experience processing ATIPP requests is required. The incumbent also requires experience interpreting legislative, regulatory and policy documents and leading compliance initiatives.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French.
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to GNHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Department of Human Resources (Iqaluit)
Government of Nunavut
P.O. Box 1000, Station 430 Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0
Toll Free: 1-888-668-9993