New job Analyst, Tax [Research and Development and Government Incentives] in British Columbia
Analyst, Tax [Research and Development and Government Incentives]
Company : Grant Thornton
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
The Research and Development and Government Incentives practice is a national team of engineers, scientists, and financial professionals that assist clients in identifying and securing funding for innovation, employment and international market expansion. Our clients focus on advancing technology development in Canada and cover agri-food, advanced manufacturing, biotechnology/pharma and software/IT disciplines.
- Research and analysis of current state of technology across multiple industries to understand base-line knowledge of our client’s business activities
- Ability to understand proprietary, cutting edge R&D through discussions with clients and review of sample documentation from Engineering, Product Development, R&D and Production departments
- Through interview and analysis of annual R&D efforts, develop a comprehensive and clear summary to reflect the experimentation, analysis and testing performed by our clients
- Use of various technology tools that includes Teams, TaxPrep, and MS Office Suite
- Working closely with engineering, tax and assurance teammates to prepare Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) and Digital media tax credit claims as well as other Government grant applications for our clients
- Develop and prepare job costing and tax schedules for SR&ED tax credit claims
- Help to proactively align funding opportunities with our client’s business activities and resolve tax related issues through research and analysis of available programs
- Become proficient with the use of corporate tax preparation software and excel, preference to use of macros, to enable filing of claims
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Think you’ve got what it takes to be an Analyst, Tax [Research & Development and Government Incentives]? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- A University graduate from a Science or Engineering discipline
- R&D is the foundation of our client’s businesses. A keen multi-disciplinary interest in science and technology is required
- Capability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Proficient in Outlook, MS Word and Excel
- Professional and personal demeanour with excellent client service and interpersonal skills
- 'Self-motivated team player, willing to take initiative and eager to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to convey ideas in a simple manner
- Previous experience in a professional services firm would be an asset
- Be Curious – our clients are some of the most technologically advanced in Canada and the entire world. An interest in technology and science is key.
- Be Open – our team is supportive of helping you to grow in the role. We have developed a detailed on-boarding process and training modules to provide you the basic framework of the role along with one-on-one coaching from seasoned team members. Be open to learning new skills across technology, practice and engagement management and professionalism.
- Be Collaborative – We work as a national team to assist our clients wherever they are located. You will work with stakeholders throughout our firm and our client’s organizations to better understand, document and support their research and development processes. You will collaborate in creating summary reports of the work performed by our clients and assist in financial modelling of the R&D process.
- Be Diligent – our work is deadline driven, highly confidential and important to driving the Canadian economy forward through job creation and investment. We are proud of the impact we have on Canadian businesses and ensure we capture every eligible aspect of work performed.
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.