New job Administrative Assistant , Academic & Student Services in Ontario
Administrative Assistant , Academic & Student Services
Company : University of Toronto
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Date Posted: 08/04/2021
Req ID: 5841
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Social Work
Department: Faculty of Social Work
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work at the University of Toronto is distinguished by its emphasis on the integration of research and practice in both the classroom and its practicum education. As the oldest school of social work in Canada, FIFSW has been on the cutting edge of education, policy, research and practice for more than 100 years.
Recognized as one of the leading social work research Faculties in North America, FIFSW is highly involved in promoting excellence in social work practice and policy development. Teaching in the Faculty is enriched by the internationally recognized research of faculty members which is designed to help governments, agencies and communities effectively address real world challenges.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean, Academic (ADA) you will provide a wide range of administrative services, including front line assistance and administrative support to the Associate Dean’s Office and the Assistant Dean, Student Services. The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operational needs of the ADA’s Office.
Your responsibilities will include:
Coordinating meeting schedules, agendas, materials, action and follow-up items
- Keeping well-informed on leadership commitments and priorities
- Maintaining senior staff calendars
- Informing senior staff of impending deadlines
- Taking and distributing meeting minutes
- Writing routine documents and correspondence
- Acting as the first point of contact for general enquiries
- Handling sensitive and/or confidential information
Advanced College Diploma (3 years) in Business Administration or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years experience in an administrative role supporting senior management preferably within a University or higher education environment.
- Experience coordinating meeting schedules, agendas, materials, action and follow-up items; taking minutes
- Experience coordinating tasks for projects and other strategic initiatives with stakeholders
- Experience conceptualizing, organizing and executing event activities
- Experience writing and editing digital communications; experience maintaining information on websites.
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and related software applications to perform a variety work.
- Proven ability to exhibit the highest standards of professional ethics including confidentiality and integrity, with a confident demeanor and excellent rapport when interacting with all levels of faculty, staff, students, alumni and other constituencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (spelling, grammar) including editing and proofreading.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact.
- Highly professional and proactive, and demonstrate the ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and confidently identify and manage priorities.
- Strong attention to detail but with the ability to process multiple requests and tasks in a timely manner.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of professional office procedures, good judgment, discretion and problem solving skills.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
Note: A copy of the full job description is available upon request.
Closing Date: 08/23/2021, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 10 - $62,464 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $79,879. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Recruiter: Grace Joo