New job Systems Analyst in New Brunswick
Company : Medavie Blue Cross
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Full time, permanent
Moncton or Dartmouth (Remote work options available)
June 20, 2021
As a Medavie Systems Analyst, you will work with project stakeholders and business partners to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs for our Finance, Administration and Claims Systems. You will be responsible to manage business expectations and advise, persuade and/or negotiate on problems, situations, or decisions of a simple to complex nature between stakeholders and serve as the liaison between customer community & software development teams.
What's in it for you?
What makes us a different kind of employer? In this role, we develop cutting edge Digital Health solutions for our members, partners, advisors, health care providers and group administrators. We are an in-house, innovation led, IT shop that is 300+ strong and growing!
Common goals and collaboration to deliver outstanding service is what our team is all about, we offer:
- A diverse team of colleagues with multiple fields of expertise
- A stimulating and flexible working environment
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day
- Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
- An organization where we encourage personal learning, growth and giving back to our communities
Your every day with us
We believe that our technology should truly connect with people. To that end, we adapt systems and technology to human behaviour, with our clients at the center of all we do. There is never an “every day” here and that is what keeps life here exciting. You will need to use strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication to have successful outcomes in your every day. You will also be using a balance of highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to software design & development activities. We have a team who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative development environment where business and technical experts collaborate to deliver the best digital health solutions that our clients have come to expect.
What you need to succeed:
- Facilitate the elicitation of the requirements using techniques appropriate to the project or problem
- Responsible to identify impact of requirements on processes impacted by the requested changes.
- Lead efforts to carry out appropriate solution with goal of fulfilling business requirements
- Analyse information and determine problem, opportunity and solution resolution
- Transition and communicate business problem solution to designers, developers and testers
- Produce quality requirements specifications and functional design documents
- Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other supporting requirements
- Collaborate with architects and or designers to clarify functional requirements and ensure that the proposed technical solution meets the business needs
- Manage multiple priorities and activities
- Support Project Management in planning required efforts and report on progress, issues and risks.
- Validate the functionality of the end-product to create a high-quality solution
Education: University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or similar program
Work Experience: 7+ years of experience with doing requirements gathering and analysis work. Knowledge of software development life-cycle methodologies; Working knowledge of business domain and/or applications.
- Thorough business knowledge of area of specialization
- Possess analytical and investigation skills
- Have the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure of time restraints
- Be well organized, with excellent time management skills
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess highly effective listening skills
- Demonstrate mature and professional judgment and decision-making ability
- Demonstrated skill facilitating and building consensus among process stakeholders
- High attention to detail, using logic and good judgment in decision making for when different situations and skills may call for different approaches
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Claims, Computer Science, Application Developer, Project Manager, Technology, Insurance