New job Staff Accountant in British Columbia
Company : PAC, LP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Phase Analyzer Company, a brand of PAC located in Richmond, BC Canada, designs, manufactures, sells and services test instruments to measure cold flow properties. Our company’s customers include oil refineries, commercial laboratories, fuel distributors, terminals, blenders, aviation companies, and military. Supported by 17 years of extensive inter-laboratory, Phase Technology consistently ranks highest for repeatability, reproducibility, sensitivity and equivalency to referee manual test methods. Phase Analyzer has been recognized with an ASTM Award of Excellence for developing world standards for petroleum cold flow behavior.
Performs accounting functions including fiscal interpretation and analysis requiring professional competency. Assisting financial closing and monthly and year-end financial statement in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Supporting the budgeting and business planning processes and providing analysis internal control and tax reviews.
- Assists with monthly financial closing, bank reconciliations and issuance of financial statements.
- Responsible for monthly GL reconciliations with supporting schedules, and related journal entries.
- Entry of invoices into the Accounts Payable and payment of supplier invoices.
- Entry of source documents into the inventory control system (SIMMS).
- Reconcile company credit cards transactions.
- Responsible for monthly analysis and reporting.
- Liaise with various sites and other head office departments as queries may arise
- Assist with the preparation of variance analysis on monthly/quarterly/annually basis
- Assists with the creation of year-end GAAP financial statements.
- Prepare statutory filing and sales tax filings.
- Works with outside accountants in support of the income tax filing.
- Supports internal audit.
- Supports the budget process.
- Assist with various ad-hoc projects as required.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures and organizes work areas for efficiency and safety.
- Provides status reports to management as required.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, required.
- CPA/CA/CMA is a plus.
- 2 or more years experience as a Staff Accountant in private industry or public accounting.
- Knowledge of both Canadian & US GAAP, intercompany transactions, multi-level reporting, foreign currency translation and consolidations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, and/or Hyperion reporting an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and inter-personal.
- Good project management, organizational, and attention to detail skills.
- Travel: Min/None
- Intermittent backup phone support as required
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.