New job Senior Consultant, Government Relations in Ontario
Senior Consultant, Government Relations
Company : Extendicare Canada
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada and we are committed to delivering care to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our 22,000 team members are dedicated to helping people live better through a commitment to quality service and a passion for what we do.
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals is united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Stakeholder Relations and Advocacy, the Senior Consultant will play an active role in executing on government relations and advocacy priorities. You are a dynamic communicator with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships and work independently. You will proactively drive advocacy initiatives and campaigns that meaningfully advance Extendicare’s strategic direction and support our mission of helping people live better.
The successful candidate will regularly interact with internal and external stakeholders, will be well versed in government policy and decision-making processes, and will have the ability to maintain focus on objectives in a fast-paced, issue-driven environment. You possess superior time management and organization skills and are an excellent verbal and written communicator. A creative self-starter, you will be responsible for projects from inception to completion.
- Develops and manages advocacy strategies and campaigns to support organization’s priorities
- Supports the provincial and municipal approval processes for Extendicare’s priority development projects
- Proactively monitors, analyzes and interprets government policy, legislative and regulatory changes and assesses the impact on the organization
- Prepares updates and briefings for senior leaders
- Identifies key stakeholders and builds relationships to advance Extendicare’s position for leadership in seniors’ care
- Represents organization in meetings with external stakeholders
- As a critical member of the Public Affairs team, establishes trusted relationships with front line and corporate leadership across Extendicare’s various divisions
- Supports communications activities, particularly related to Extendicare’s priority development projects, including facilitating information sessions, providing regular written updates and responding to inquiries
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in communications, public affairs or related discipline
- University Degree
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Very organized, detail oriented and able to keep track of multiple projects
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Tact. Diplomacy. Outstanding communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Results-focused, strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with ability to seek input from a range of business partners and develop solutions
- Previous experience in politics, civil service or government relations
Note: this position requires flexible work schedule, including ability to work after hours and on
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.