New job Program Manager in Nova Scotia
Company : Virtira
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Virtira is always looking for passionate, on-the-go professionals who crave balance and opportunity. Everyone at Virtira works remotely, so no more worrying about traffic, long commutes to the city, or missing time with the family.
Working under the guidance and principals of our CEO, Cynthia Watson, Virtira has mastered the art and science of powering remote team productivity for more than a decade. We are a diversity employer and are proud to have a predominately female team with entrepreneurial spirit, heart and hustle.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to help increase client market share within the context of a government initiative to rollout rural broadband internet across the US. The successful candidate will help increase sales and revenue by applying a pragmatic approach to cross-functional team collaboration, reporting and tracking metrics, market research and analytics, as well as keeping sales teams accountable.
This ongoing contract, work from home position is open to candidates currently residing in Canada with valid work authorization. Preference will be given to individuals in the Atlantic or Eastern time zones.
Live in a rural community? No problem! Reliable internet is what matters most!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and support regular strategic sessions for assigned teams and drive cross-functional team collaboration
- Plan, implement and deploy Simplicity initiatives including digitization
- Provide reporting and data manipulation for easier consumption of business intelligence for Executive Leadership
- Provide structure and governance to funding opportunities, their associated stakeholders, and necessary activities to drive pipeline
- Conduct market research and provide relevant updates to the team
- Compile and track monthly/quarterly metrics for Executive reports on grant pipeline
- Implement tools and methodologies to foster team collaboration, coordinate work efforts, and share best practices to result in increased efficiencies and revenues
- Provide accountability through dashboards, project plans, milestones, action tracking, status reports and content management
- Ensure Marketing provides all necessary and current grant collateral to the account teams
- Develop and deliver ongoing communications and updates for stakeholders and the field
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders on ad-hoc requests
Qualifications and skills:
- 4 - 6 years work in program management
- Prior involvement in telecom beneficial
- Previous Cisco experience or understanding of Cisco product considered an asset
- Project management certification or designation required
- Able to build and manage relationships with senior level stakeholders and account teams
- Prior success strategically implementing methods to align cross-functional teams
- Skilled at running team meetings, managing action items, and escalating risks
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proactive and self-directed
- Proficient use of these tools: MS Suite, Salesforce, SharePoint, Smartsheet, Webex
Maybe you are looking for a change, or maybe you are looking for a better life. Either way, we invite you apply today.
(*It is advised that you monitor your junk mail for any communications regarding your application)
We welcome applications from persons with disabilities and will accommodate throughout the selection process when requested.