New job Office & Membership Coordinator in New Brunswick
Office & Membership Coordinator
Company : Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Job title: Office & Membership Coordinator - Contract Position (12-15hrs)
Reports to: Board of Directors
The Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization that promotes trade and commerce, as well as the economic, civic, and social welfare of the district.
The Membership Coordinator position is designed to maintain the weekly operations of the Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce. This position requires an individual who is self-motivated and comfortable interacting with our members and seeking new opportunities for the Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce. The Membership Coordinator is responsible for the behind-the-scenes operations of the Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce.
The following skills and qualifications are required:
- Time management skills
- Can work independently with little supervision
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Passion and vision for our community
- Experience in office administration, or relevant education is an asset
- Microsoft Office experience
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Duties and Responsibilities
The Membership Coordinator will be expected to accomplish the following duties on a regular basis:
- Compile Board meeting agenda, attend monthly board meetings and email minutes to Board members.
- Support the HACC board with any activities and events that can help promote the members and the business community.
- Participate on the Membership Committee to help promote businesses, encourage event participation and understanding of the business needs.
- With support from chamber board, attend, host, organize, coordinate, and manage all major events including the Annual General Meeting, Small Business Week, Meet the Candidates, Christmas Mixer, Lunch and Learns, Golf tournament, and other chamber events.
- Coordinate with members to create, build, publish and distribute a monthly newsletter to all members.
Maintain and evolve the http://www.hamptonareachamber.com website.
- This includes working alongside web developer to keep the website current/modern/evolving.
- Actively promote the business members on the HACC website, Facebook page, Linked In and Twitter.
- Monitor business correspondence including telephone, Email and mail.
- Maintain filing system.
- Monitor and control business banking activities including bank deposits, monthly reconciliations with board treasurer and timely facilitation of bill payments and cheque distribution.
- Update QuickBooks each month.
- File year-end taxes.
- Payroll remittances.
- Search and apply for government grants.
- Assist the HACC Committees.
- Invoice and collect monies for chamber membership.
- Compile year-end report for Annual General Meeting.
- Book and proof any advertising.
The Membership Coordinator s position is part-time contract position and is mainly facilitated at The Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce office in Hampton. The role also requires the individual to be willing to travel to our members' business locations. This position is facilitated between 9:00a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, with certain exceptions during event evenings and weekends. This position will start out with 15 hours per week.
This position requires an individual who is comfortable sitting for extended periods of time and working by themselves.
Reports directly to the Board of Directors.