New job MANUAL LABOURER in Ontario
Company : Ontario Clean Water Agency
Salary : $20.61 - $22.24 an hour
Location : Ontario
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in Our Communities, Our Environment and Our People. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations and provide safe and reliable drinking water to thousands of Ontarians each day.
What can I expect to do in this role?In this role, you will use your skills to maintain the water and wastewater facilities within the Southwest Region, specifically:
- Maintaining facility cleanliness including painting and minor repairs.
- Maintain sand filter beds.
- Cleaning inside plant and office areas including sweeping and mopping offices and washrooms; cleaning sinks and toilets; replacing soap, and paper towels as needed; cleaning windows; cleaning plant floors, tunnels, railings and weirs by hosing or mopping;
- Performing outside maintenance tasks including grass cutting/weed-eating, washing plant vehicles
How do I qualify?
- Valid applicable Ontario Driver's licence.
- Ability to maintain plant/facility areas and ensure safety hazards are avoided.
- Ability to safely operate zero-turn lawnmower and drive a truck/trailer.
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant regulatory and legislative acts, codes, policies, guidelines and procedures related to water and wastewater operations and maintenance; health and safety procedures/WHMIS.
Skills and Ability include
- Ability to perform cleaning/maintenance functions to ensure appropriate standards are met in the offices, washrooms and plant areas and that they are kept clean and safe.
- Ability to perform routine preventive maintenance;
- Good oral and written communication skills to liaise with a variety of people including coworkers, clients, suppliers
- Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative.
- Ability to perform manual labour.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
- You will be eligible for additional pay for certification, should you be successful in completing and maintaining facility water/wastewater operator's licenses
- Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 25 years.
- Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
- A defined benefit pension plan; Comprehensive Health Plan; Life and Disability Insurance.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 6 months, 3888 Newbiggen Dr., Glencoe, West Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitionsSchedule:
Maintenance and Trades
Friday, June 4, 2021