New job ISL 18R - Technical Analyst, Corporate in British Columbia
ISL 18R - Technical Analyst, Corporate
Company : BC Public Service
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Technical Analyst, Corporate
Information Systems R18
At the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) our vision of ‘Service. Relationships. Results.’ is all about providing a valued service, building strong relationships with our stakeholders, and achieving greater results for the province.
The LDB is one of two branches of government responsible for the cannabis and liquor industry of B.C. We operate the wholesale distribution of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis within the province, as well as the household retail brands of BC Liquor Stores and BC Cannabis Stores.
We employ nearly 5,000 people in over 200 communities and have hundreds of career opportunities spanning our entire wholesale, retail and corporate operations – from supply chain logistics, to high-tech solutions, and everything in between. The LDB has been named one of BC’s Top Employers 12 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
The information technology (IT) team is highly customer focused and directly supports four distinct lines of business: retail liquor, wholesale liquor, cannabis, and corporate. These line of business IT teams are supported overall by both a Chief Information Security Officer and a Chief Technical Officer and their respective departments to ensure the organization prioritizes security and innovation.
At present the technology team consists of more than 200 full-time employees and has also adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages external expertise, Cloud SaaS based services and government shared services as appropriate.
The teams integrate, maintain, and enhance more than 80 business systems on a hybrid on-premises and cloud infrastructure. These include:
- Merchandising and retail store systems that process 40 million plus customer transactions per year.
- Wholesale, distribution and warehouse systems that enable the movement of 17 million plus cases per year.
- Corporate finance systems to service an annual budget of approximately $3 billion and HR and payroll systems to service more than 5000 employees.
The Technical Analyst resolves and troubleshoots complex technical problems/issues for various information technology areas including (but not limited to) desktop computers, laptops, printers, audiovisual equipment and mobile technology. The Technical Analyst is also responsible for the movement of PC hardware and associated peripherals. The position provides in-house tier 1 and tier 2 computer support, resolving software/hardware problems, installing/supporting software, for LDB Head Office staff, Warehouses and Retail Stores across the Lower Mainland.
Special requirements include: successful completion of a criminal record check; must hold a valid Class 5 or 7 BC Driver’s License; ability to lift equipment weighing up to 25 kgs. Travel is required on occasion throughout the Lower Mainland.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job description, also located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
There are two temporary vacancies.
An eligibility list for temporary future opportunities may be established.
Education and Experience:
- A diploma or certificate in Information Technology or related field and one (1) year of recent related experience*.
- Recent related experience must have occurred in the last (5) years and must include the following:
- Resolving and troubleshooting complex technical problems for both hardware and software.
- Experience in a customer service-related technical position.
- Experience using end user device management system, such as Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) and/or Azure Intune.
- Experience in Virtual Technologies, such as VMware, Citrix and/or Network, VLAN, vRouters/switches and/or virtual firewall.
- Experience with help desk call tracking and/or IT service management (ITSM) software.
- Experience with VPN and/or remote desktop configuration.
- Experience in deployment and/or support of Windows 7/10, Mac OS X in a Windows networking environment.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Experience providing guidance to co-op students and junior staff.
- Experience with Mac hardware/software (iMac, MacBook, OS X etc.).
- Experience with AV and presentation equipment.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management software, including creating and administering policies.
- Experience with Microsoft AD DS and Group Policies.
- CompTIA A+ certified and/or working towards certification.
How to Apply & Application Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above. Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies as outlined in the attached Job Description.
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
For specific position-related enquiries, please contact Kriti Verma, HR Advisor at 604 252 8578.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the attached Application Instructions or refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca before the stated closing time, and they will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:00pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition. Late applications will not be accepted.