New job Program Project Manager in Fredericton, NB
Program Project Manager
Company : Department of Finance and Treasury Board
Salary : $6,146 - $7,434 a month
Location : Fredericton, NB
Finance and Treasury Board
Program Project Manager
Pay Band 7
The Finance and Treasury Board's Office of the Chief Information Officer Division has an opportunity for a Program Project Manager to join our Digital Office. Become part of our dynamic, progressive team in an environment in which you can learn, grow, create and support innovative strategies. This position will lead a team assisting the Government of New Brunswick (GNB) delivering on exciting business objectives which will enhance existing services and launch new services to improve the lives of New Brunswick residents.
Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the successful planning, execution and finalization of projects according to industry standards and methods.
Specific responsibilities include:
- supervision of Project Managers;
- acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors;
- delivering project objectives, directing and managing project development, and overseeing quality control;
- developing full-scale project plans and effectively communicating project expectations;
- drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending budget changes;
- coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising project team members and contractors;
- planning, scheduling and tracking and reporting on project timelines, milestones and deliverables;
- managing changes in project scope, identifying potential crises and devising contingency plans; and
- building, developing and growing business relationships with various stakeholders such as departments and NB residents.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidates must possess: A university degree in Computer Science or related discipline. A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in project management or related work experience, with demonstrated experience in the planning and control of projects AND current certification in Project Management, either PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince2 Methodology, AND a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies: Results Orientation; Team Leadership; Developing Others; Effective Interactive Communication; Strategic Thinking; Relationship/ Network Building; and Organizational Awareness.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies: Project Management; Planning and Organizing Skills; Presentation Skills; Written Communication, and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
Salary: PB7 $3,073 to $3,717 bi-weekly
Interested applicants are to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca by June 17, 2021 indicating competition number: 21-FTB-30.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 440-3544
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!