New job Writer, Vaccination Implementation Task Force in Manitoba
Writer, Vaccination Implementation Task Force
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $4,322 - $5,184 a month
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are recruiting additional staff and seeking a writer to join our Vaccination Implementation Task Force. The writer is responsible for writing, reviewing, editing, proofreading and contributing to a wide variety of communications materials prepared for public distribution on behalf of the Manitoba government.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to work some weekends and evenings
- Must be able to travel within the province of Manitoba
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration with a focus on communications or a Diploma in Public Relations Marketing Management Diploma or Creative Communications or equivalent training and experience in Public Relations, Communications and Marketing.
- Experience in public relations
- Experience in communications
- Experience in marketing
- Experience using social and mainstream media
- The ability to be analytical and resolve complex problems
- The ability to be creative
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Strong initiative with the ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act diplomatically and collaboratively with other people
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet competing deadlines
- Experience leading or participating on a committee
Under the direction of the Director of Public Affairs, the writer is responsible for writing, editing and proofreading a wide variety communications, ensuring that all materials are well written and user-friendly, adhering to accepted government style and conveying the highest standards of professionalism.
The writer contributes to the efficient operation of the writing services team, working collaboratively with other Communications Services Manitoba staff and staff/clients from other government departments.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.