New job Health, Safety, Security, and Environment Manager, Program & Practice in Yukon
Health, Safety, Security, and Environment Manager, Program & Practice
Company : Stantec
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Health, Safety, Security, and Environment Manager, Program & Practice - ( 210000K7 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger. Your Opportunity
Stantec is committed to providing and maintaining a healthy, safe, and secure workplace for our staff, clients, partners, and subcontractors and to responsibly managing the environmental aspects of its business. Our core company values guide us in all that we do. The way we treat our people, our clients, and our neighbors reflects who we are, what we believe in, and how we do our work. At Stantec, we believe in doing what is right and being SaferTogether, which includes preventing harm to the environment and addressing the physical, psychological, and social well-being of our employees.
To support these efforts, Stantec is seeking an individual to facilitate the development, continuous improvement, and implementation of Stantec’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) program and management systems within our HSSE Program & Practice team. Under the direction of the vice president, HSSE Program & Practice, the HSSE Manager will support the organization in day-to-day operations by working collaboratively with business unit and regional teams to review and improve existing programs and processes. The HSSE Manager will be based in one of our North American office locations and may require travel to offices and client sites up to 25% of the time.
The right candidate will have a passion to enable the continued evolution of Stantec’s safety culture and the skills and abilities to be a trusted resource to our operations partners. Your Key Responsibilities
- The HSSE Manager (Program & Practice) will provide a full range of HSSE services which may include the following:
- Provide leadership and supervision to the HSSE Program Support & Development team in Program & Practice. Responsibilities within the group include (amongst others): workers’ compensation, stewardship of Pro-Sapien – Stantec’s incident management system, reporting and statistics, maintenance of various services and accounts related to HSSE.
- Coordinate and support connection with Audit & Compliance as a review and audit partner for internal and external services.
- Build trust and relationships with operational leadership and HSSE practitioners throughout the organization.
- Report on emerging trends, leading indicators, and HSSE activities within the business.
- Work in cooperation with regional HSSE managers and advisors
- Lead or contribute to HSSE Program & Practice initiatives as determined by the VP, HSSE Program & Practice.
- Work with the HSSE team to communicate and implement policies, standards, and practices in line with the HSSE business and communications plan.
- Where required, assist in planning and supporting ISO audit activities.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A professional HSSE designation (CRSP, CSP, CMIOSH)
- Practical application of occupational health and safety legislation in multiple jurisdictions
- Working knowledge of workers’ compensation processes and return to work practices
- Strong leadership skills, attention to detail, the capability to assess and organize priorities and to work independently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities; and the ability to build and contribute to a positive team atmosphere
- Ability to understand and adjust communication style to suit the audience
- Occasional requirement to work outside of regular office hours
- Ability to travel globally if or when required
- Computer proficiency with the Office 365 suite of services
- Preference for experience with the following:
- Experience in a large, multi-disciplinary organization
- Experience in HSSE documentation and program development
- Experience in training and public speaking
- Experience in environmental controls and/or management systems
- International experience
- Security experience
Education and Experience
- A degree or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field
- 10 years of experience in an HSSE role, preferably management level
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record is necessary for this role.
- A valid passport and ability to travel cross-border is required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax, Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge, Canada-Yukon-Whitehorse, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Work Locations :
ZG Government of Alberta, Court of Queen's Bench Accounting
Job : Health Safety and Environment
Organization : BC-1203 HSSE-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 11, 2021, 10:31:39 AM
Req ID: 210000K7
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans