New job Executive Director, Livestock in Saskatchewan
Executive Director, Livestock
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $9,199 - $11,959 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Agriculture has an exciting and challenging executive opportunity where you can apply your skills to ensure a prosperous agriculture sector, while supporting the continued growth of our provincial economy.
The Ministry of Agriculture is seeking a collaborative and innovative leader for the role of Executive Director, Livestock Branch.
As a member of the senior management team, and reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister, Policy, this position is involved in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Ministry’s strategic plan, with the mandate to enable a globally competitive, thriving and sustainable agriculture and food sector.
Working with a senior management team, you will provide leadership and direction for policy, regulation and economic development activities in the livestock sector to ensure the appropriate policies and programs are in place to meet the Ministry’s strategic goals and Saskatchewan’s Growth Plan goals.
This position plays a key role in managing relationships with stakeholders and represents the Ministry on committees, both internal and external to government. You will bring knowledge of the agriculture sector, public policy development, human resource management, and planning and accountability.
As our ideal candidate, you will be:
- an experienced results oriented executive with a proven capability to identify and deliver key strategic insights, counsel and policy with a high degree of innovation and accountability;
- a visionary leader with exceptional diplomacy, well-developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with, and influence, a variety of stakeholders.
Typically, candidates would have a master's degree in agriculture, or a combination of education and experience, as well as management experience.
The Ministry of Agriculture’s deep rooted values system of Innovation, Teamwork, Integrity, Service Excellence and Leadership at all Levels serve as the foundation to ensure results are achieved. The successful candidate must be a team player, able to both lead and collaborate, with a reputation for integrity and a focus on service excellence and innovation in their work.
- Issues, trends and emerging growth opportunities in the livestock industry;
- The regulatory framework and regulatory requirements for the livestock sector;
- Knowledge of human resource and budget management; and
- Government procedures including, legislation, policy development, decision making, planning and accountability.