New job Coordinator of Water and Wastewater Programs in Oxford, ON
Coordinator of Water and Wastewater Programs
Company : County of Oxford
Salary : $35.34 - $44.17 an hour
Location : Oxford, ON
Ensures that water and wastewater systems are operating within Ministry regulations to ensure the safety of municipal drinking water, prevent violations and possible legal action. Oversees other water and wastewater programs and operational projects.
1. Community college diploma in environmental sciences or equivalent education and related experience.
2. Three years' experience in related field such as municipal public works, environmental consulting engineering, chemical or microbiological laboratory, operations of waterworks, and/or the Ministry of Environment.
3. Extensive knowledge of environmental legislation.
4. An understanding of chemistry and microbiology. A general understanding of water systems workings, and water treatment processes.
5. Strong computer and analytical skills.
6. Excellent written and oral skills in dealing with government representatives, the public and interpreting environmental legislation.
7. Valid Ontario driver’s license required.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. The County will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for known disability for an applicant or employee if requested. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, resumes are only accepted in response to advertised vacancies and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for employment only. We appreciate all resumes, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.