New job CLK 11R - Customer Service Representative in British Columbia
CLK 11R - Customer Service Representative
Company : BC Public Service
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Customer Service Representative
There is currently one Auxiliary Part Time As & When Needed position available.
An eligibility list may be established.
A multi-faceted role in a quality service environment
If you’re looking for an exciting role in a dynamic, public service environment, this could be just the position you’re after. As a Customer Service Representative with Service BC in Campbell River, you will be the front-line contact in the delivery of a diverse range of clerical and administrative services.
Your strong service orientation and ability to multi-task skills are important in this role. We are seeking a confident individual able to perform duties with a high degree of initiative, flexibility and efficiency. In this part time position, you will provide over-the-counter, telephone and correspondence services to respond to public enquiries. This role calls for an analytical thinker with a keen attention to detail and experience handling financial transactions, as another component of this position is receiving payments from the public. You are also required to proficiently use many computer programs delivering service to the public. You enjoy meeting the public’s needs in a service oriented environment. You are a positive team member, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships that enable you to complete work, provide quality services and share information. If you are interested in working in a rewarding and dynamic environment, this is the job for you.
Service BC is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with government due to the exposure to a wide variety of programs.
NOTE: This is an Auxiliary part Time As & When position. The hours and days of work will vary bi-weekly, ranging from nil to full time hours, depending on operational demand. Scheduled start and end times are variable from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, dependent on operational requirements. Work schedules are provided a minimum of 14 days in advance. Employees are required to work assigned scheduled shift. Work schedules may be amended due to operational requirements. If work schedules are changed with less than 14 days’ notice a prescribed scheduled time period for contact will be utilized during which employees will be contacted to work if required.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Deborah.Sullivan@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Minimum grade 12 graduation required, or equivalent
- Two years clerical experience, education and/or relevant training, Preference may be given to those whose experience was within the last 3 years.
- Minimum one year full-time equivalent clerical experience in a high volume public facing environment in combination with *relevant training. Preference may be given to those whose experience was within the last 3 years.
- Relevant training could include but not limited to office administration, cashier training, etc. There will be different combinations of relevant training and one year full-time experience that would result in the person meeting the above standards. One year experience is defined as full time work or combination of part time equivalent to one year obtained.
- Minimum two years customer service experience, providing excellent in-person information and services to the public ; One year of which must be in a high volume fast paced environment. Preference may be given to those whose experience was within the last 3 years.
- Minimum one year experience handling financial transactions from the public (eg. payment processing, cash handling). Preference may be given to those whose experience was within the last 3 years.
- Experience/training in keyboarding, word processing, and standard computer applications (ie. MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, standard computer applications and data bases) Preference may be given to those whose experience was within the last 3 years.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have clerical and administrative office experience in a public service sector environment within the last 3 years.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have completed a training program focused on customer service/service excellence within the last 3 years.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.