New job Aquatic Crew Lead in Alberta
Aquatic Crew Lead
Company : Stantec
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Aquatic Crew Lead - ( 210000MK )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science. Your Opportunity
The Freshwater Aquatics Team has multiple opportunities for experienced Junior or Intermediate Field Biologists. The successful candidate will join our team as a Field Aquatics Crew Lead related to a major capital project in northern British Columbia.
This role is a contract from June to December with potential for extension. Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage, plan, and lead fish salvage or water quality field programs
- Prepare or lead junior staff in field activities
- Manage tasks according to approved scopes of work
- Understand recent and existing practices and techniques for sampling and analysis of fisheries, fish habitat and water quality data from streams, rivers and lakes
- Participate in Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
- Contribute technical guidance to the field team by providing supervision, training, technical direction, and mentoring to more junior staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven technical, communication, and organization skills
- Knowledge of current provincial and federal government regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with freshwater ecology in BC and fish identification knowledge
- Required experience in:
- following health and safety protocols for field programs
- conducting fish and fish habitat assessments
- working on remote field programs
- Experience in some or all the following is an asset:
- preparing dewatering or care of water plans
- leading field crews in the execution of fish salvage or water quality field programs
- collecting field data using digital data collection platforms
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Capable of working with and guiding clients and contractors
- Manages and prioritizes time when executing multiple parallel objectives
- Able to deal with changing conditions and priorities while in the field
- Thrives in an environment with diverse and dynamic projects, and enjoys working on multi-disciplinary scopes of work
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biology is preferred, though technical diploma will be acceptable
- Professional accreditation (i.e. P.Biol, R.P.Bio, R.B.Tech) required
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience as an aquatic biologist, with experience in freshwater systems in BC
- An electrofishing certificate and experience is required.
- Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
Please include detailed information on any related field-based skills you may have.
Please indicate any relevant training or certifications you may have including health and safety training.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
We are accepting applications from across Canada with preference being given to candidates from British Columbia and Alberta.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Terrace, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops
Work Locations :
Job : Environmental Scientist
Organization : BC-1232 Environmental Services-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 15, 2021, 4:16:48 PM
Req ID: 210000MK
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans