New Job Supportive Living Coordinator In Newfoundland And Labrador
|Supportive Living Coordinator
Supportive Living Coordinator
Company : Newfoundland & Labrador Housing Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Supportive Living Coordinator
The Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation (NL Housing) is a crown corporation whose mandate is to develop and administer housing assistance policy and programs for the benefit of low to moderate income households throughout the province. As the largest landlord in the Province, NL Housing manages a portfolio of over 5,500 units province-wide. The services provided by NL Housing provide clients with access to safe, stable and affordable housing, which is essential to the social, financial, and physical well-being of individuals, families and communities. There is a wide range of housing needs across the province, from those facing homelessness or at risk of homelessness, to low income households needing assistance to pay rent or complete much-needed repairs on their homes. For more information on our programs and services, and strategic priorities, please visit our website www.nlhc.nl.ca.
Competition Number: 2022/23-081-200668P
Employment Type: Permanent
Department/Region: Community Partnerships and Homelessness
Location: Head Office, St. John's
Posting Status: Internal /External
Closing Date: May 16th, 2023
Salary Scale: $57,252 - $76,575 (418 points) on the Management Pay Plan, 35- hours/week
Context: Reporting to the Manager, Supportive Housing Services the Supportive Living Coordinator supports non-profit groups and initiatives addressing homelessness throughout the province, including working with provincial government departments to develop measurable targets and goals. The position is a management level liaison with non-profit agencies, service providers, government departments and regional health authorities to support the development of innovation housing solutions. The incumbent will review and analyze current best practices in the area of emergency and supportive housing, develop and recommend on related policies, and assist in the preparation of Cabinet papers, budget submissions, and other documentation including briefing notes, reports and presentations to Executive and other internal and external stakeholders. Other related duties may be required.
Duties: Reporting to the Manager, Supportive Housing Services, the Supportive Living Coordinator supports non-profit groups and initiatives addressing homelessness throughout the province, including working with provincial government departments to develop measurable targets and goals. The Coordinator is expected to seek out, review and analyze current homelessness research, including any best practice information. This position engages with a variety of community-based groups and other stakeholders, as well as supports any interdepartmental or interagency collaborations that guide and/ or advance the work of emergency shelter and supportive living program responses. As a Systems Navigator the incumbent actively leads collaboration with key departments, in particular the Nunatsiavut Government to improve and support flows from shelter to supportive housing and or options in the rental market. The overall goal is to improve coordination and access to services for individuals with complex service needs through the advancement of internal, external and cross- cutting strategies, policies and programs that address service gaps and decrease the experience of homelessness.
The Coordinator assists in strategic planning, as well as program and policy development and engages in ongoing monitoring, improvement and impact analysis of assigned programs and services. Work includes the development of proposal guidelines and evaluation strategies, coordinating the review and assessment of project proposals, and collecting and analyzing program information to ensure compliance with program guidelines and corporate policies. The Coordinator will identify and develop performance indicators, monitor programs and budgets, and approve progress payments. The development of briefing notes, reports and presentations for submission/delivery to Executive and other internal and external stakeholders is required. The successful applicant will represent Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation on a variety of provincial, municipal and community support committees and will participate in interprovincial, inter-departmental and multi-sectors initiatives which focus on supportive living. The incumbent supervises work related to the delivery of the Supportive Living Program including support and guidance to the regional Housing Support Workers. Other related duties, including providing support for other management employees in the department, may be required.
- Completion of a Bachelor degree in Business/Social Science or related field (Equivalencies may be considered)
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in the delivery of human services
- Experience with community and government homeless serving systems (asset)
- Knowledge of program and policy development
- Knowledge of complex service needs, including harm reduction and trauma information practices
- Knowledge of relevant programs and processes (i.e. eviction prevention)
- Ability to monitor and evaluate programs efficiency and budget
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships
- Ability to effectively exchange information (Verbal and written)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage time and task while working independently
- Supervisory Skills
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of Offer:
- Acceptable Certificate of Conduct
Conditions of Acceptance
- Acknowledges the requirement for occasional travel, including overnight
- Willing to accept requirement for access to private transportation for business purposes
- Acknowledges requirement to carry a corporate cell phone
- Acknowledges requirement for flexible hours
1. Accepts Mandatory Vaccine Policy
- Newfoundland Labrador Housing values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Housing recognizes the need for work life balance and offers flexible work arrangements.
- Disability related accommodations are available upon request at any stage of the recruitment process by contacting [email protected] or by calling (709) 724-3002.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Applications should be received prior to midnight Newfoundland Standard time on the closing day.
- The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the application submitted clearly demonstrates the required criteria. Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required screening criteria will be screened out.
- The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the application includes accurate and current contact information, including phone number, mailing and e-mail addresses.
- All information submitted as part of this application must be factual, complete and current to date of submission. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of stated credentials as part of the selection process.
- This competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with NL Housing.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- This is not a position within the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Public Service.