New Job Security Supervisor (In-House) In Ontario
|Security Supervisor (In-House)
Security Supervisor (In-House)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
A multi-award winning facility, the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) has earned a solid reputation as North America’s leading Convention Centre, and has held over 18,000 events and hosted over 55 million guests since opening for business in October 1984. Covering over 2 million square feet, the MTCC is Canada’s largest convention facility, boasting seven exhibit halls, two large capacity ballrooms, and a beautiful 1,232 seat theatre among its many assets. It also houses 70 fully furnished meeting rooms, and 167,000 square feet of beautifully decorated pre-function spaces.
The MTCC is conveniently connected to Toronto’s Union Station railway and transit station through the Skywalk and is also accessible via the city’s underground PATH system.
MTCC is a Crown Corporation of the Province of Ontario and is proudly governed and led by an executive management team and an independent board of directors comprised of senior private sector business leaders. The mandate of the company is to position the Centre as a world-class destination, while helping to generate economic benefit to the community and at the same time remaining financially self-sufficient.
The Metro Toronto Convention Centre prides itself on its professionalism, responsiveness, and dedication to making every event it hosts memorable for its customers and guests alike.
A full time Security Supervisor position has become available in the Security Department for candidates with previous experience in Security. The ideal candidate will supervise employees engaged in providing security services including monitoring of internal building, parking garage and loading docks as well as provide ongoing communication for contractors and guests in order to maximize efficiency for building operations. The Supervisor will assist the security management team in enforcing security and company policy and procedures as well as assisting the management team in maintaining the security systems in place (Ccure 9000, Avigilon, Key Watch, PPM).
- Coaches, mentors and provides training for all security guards and Lead Hands
- Preparing working schedules, process payroll and approve overtime, shift changes, time off etc.
- Administers progressive disciplinary action when necessary
- Coordinates security services with other departments and clients
- Maintains effective working relationships with all internal and external customers
- Assists the Security Management team in the achievement of goals and objectives directly or through the security team
Policies and Procedures:
- Assists the management team with the development of policies and interprets and ensures consistent application of security policies and procedures
- Documents and implements work methods, policies and procedures
- Assists the management team in the enforcement of company policies
- Must be able to balance security need and client expectations
- Must be reliable, available, of sound character and be able to work in a team environment or independently
- Must be physically fit and able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods
- Ability to handle multiple situations and use sound judgment to handle emergency situations
- Must be knowledgeable and able to assist in maintain various systems including but not limited to CCTV , Access Control, Incident Management, intercom systems, fire and life safety systems, control room systems
- Must be able to provide coaching, training, and update Manager on new trainees progress
- Organizational and multitasking skills is a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle stressful situations
- Ability to write and compile detailed reports on computer software in a timely manner
- Previous security experience in hospitality or large event venue would be an asset
- Police Foundations, Community Justice Services or Law Enforcement Diploma would be an asset
Education: Completion of a Community College Diploma
Experience: 2-4 years of work experience with knowledge of Arrest Authorities, Fire Code, Trespass to Property Act, Fire Systems, Access Control Systems, CCTV Systems, Dispatch and Report Writing Systems, and computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and EBMS. Must possess skills in crowd management, event security, leadership, interpersonal relations, organizational, communication, team building and customer services. Demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently to emergency situations, coach and motivate people, apply flexibility with external contractors while representing and maintaining interests of the company.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their application no later than:
May 31, 2023
Please note: The Metro Toronto Convention Centre is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. During any stage of the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation.