New Job Security Officer, Conservation Parks In Ontario
|Security Officer, Conservation Parks
Security Officer, Conservation Parks
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $20.80 an hour
Location : Ontario
Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
Are you interested in pursuing a career in the outdoors that provides you with a wide range of experiences and skills? Do you enjoy working as part of a team who share like-minded goals? Would you like to help our visitors and want to see them enjoy the same hiking trails, lakes, rivers and forests that you enjoy? Are you curious to learn how parks are managed and operated? We’ll teach you everything you need to know! If this position sounds like a great opportunity for you, we want to hear from you!
Why work for us?
Perks of the Job
- We offer better than minimum wage for all entry-level positions within Conservation Parks
- We offer occasional, part-time, and full-time (35 hours/week) hours
- We are a part of OMERS, one of the best pension plans in Ontario
- Free access to most conservation areas in Ontario!
- Free weekday equipment rentals! Want to try skiing at Terra Cotta? How about boating at Island Lake? Some fishing at Ken Whillans? Ever tried fat tire biking?
- We provide a company branded uniform and applicable Personal Protective Equipment
- Paid training and continuous learning opportunities
- Schedules are published seasonally to help you plan your time throughout the year
- Opportunities for employment beyond the contract
Summary of Functions
Reporting to the Senior Specialist, Enforcement and working with Provincial Offences Officers, this position will provide security services to Conservation Parks by actively enforcing the Conservation Authorities Act, Trespass to Property Act and CVC Policies. This position will also provide special event assistance and parking lot management during peak periods at several CVC Conservation Areas.
- Must possess a valid Class “G2” or “G” driver’s license in good standing. Successful candidate must provide an MTO Driver’s Abstract (condition of employment)
- Must possess a valid Private Security and Investigative Services Act Licence for the Province of Ontario (condition of employment)
- Satisfactory Police Reference Check – Level 3 (condition of employment)
- Be available to work varied shifts and all weekends and holidays
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with the public and staff verbally and in written correspondence
Summary of Major Tasks
- Providing information to visitors regarding park programs, rates, fees, and activities
- Receiving and responding to visitor concerns, complaints
- Responding to and addressing reports of compliance violations while ensuring the safety of visitors
- Parking lot management and traffic control in Conservation Areas as well as crowd control and visitor flow support
- Educate and promote compliance with the Conservation Authorities Act and Trespass to Property Act
- Prepare documents for supervisors and court submission
- Perform scheduled and irregular patrols of Conservation Areas by means of hiking, cycling, boating and driving
Anticipated Start and End Dates: May 29, 2023 to September 4, 2023
Hourly Rate: $20.80 per hour
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter via our website by May 28, 2023 at: https://cvc.ca/jobs/
Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Word or Pdf. format as one document.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.