New Job Project Engineer- Weapon Stations In Quebec
|Project engineer- Weapon stations
Project engineer- Weapon stations
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Rheinmetall Canada is currently looking for a project engineer who will participate in the project execution, drafting development of proposals for remotely operated weapon stations to be installed on a variety of armoured military vehicles.
- Define the design approach for the systems to be developed.
- Document the process of engineering development and maintain the technical activities schedule.
- Coordinate the activities of the technical team (system, hardware, software, logistics, testing, etc.) during the development of the product or the execution of a project.
- Manage the technical risks and their mitigation plans.
- Liaise between the client and the development team with regard to technical requirements and problems.
- Follow up with suppliers about technical issues.
- Support the project manager in coordinating engineering activities and in evaluating the costs of projects and activities.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Have at least 8 years of pertinent experience.
- Possess general knowledge of hardware and software development.
- Have experience in systems engineering.
- Have experience in managing customers and subcontractors relations.
- Be knowledgeable about project management tools.
- Have experience in estimating project costs.
- Foster team work, demonstrates leadership and autonomy.
- Be able and available to travel.
- Be fluent in French and in English (written and spoken)*.
- Knowledge in the development of subsystems aimed at controlling and stabilizing multi-axial electromechanical systems using DC-type electric motors coupled to position sensors and gyroscopes.
- Expertise in electro-optical image acquisition and processing systems, including knowledge of video signals transmission protocols, and infrared and CCD-type optical sensors.
- Knowledge of ballistics (trajectory and terminal effect).
- Knowledge of military weapons and their handling.
- Knowledge of Confluence, JIRA, Visio and MS Project.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Rheinmetall Canada, we foster teamwork, leadership, and surpassing oneself, creating an environment that brings out the best in our employees and enables them to realize their potential. A flexible work schedule including teleworking, a comprehensive medical plan for you and your family, as well as private medical services on site, competitive benefits, a subsidized cafeteria, a fitness and entertainment room, and free parking – it’s all part of the package**, all in a green setting.
We thank all participants for the interest. However, we will only communicate with the selected candidates. Rheinmetall Canada subscribes to Employment Equity.
*Most of Rheinmetall Canada's customers and partners are from outside Quebec, as is its subsidiary Rheinmetall Provectus, which is based in Ontario
** Certain conditions vary depending on the job status.