New Job Project Construction Coordinator In Saskatchewan
|Project Construction Coordinator
Project Construction Coordinator
Company : Bantrel Management Services Co. (BMSC)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
Bantrel is currently looking to fill the role of Project Coordinator to join the team on the Jansen site. Reporting to the Site Construction Area Manager the Project Coordinator is responsible for a variety of business-related functions, including administering and organizing all project and tendering activities in cooperation with our Program Managers, aiming at the flawless execution of deliverable This position is site based and on a rotation schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be familiar with heavy industrial construction.
- Analyze design drawings and specifications to provide traceable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction, including their completeness and constructability.
- Implementation of AWP-WFP and champion. Overview with supervisors of adherence to the program and conduct of verification and validation.
- Liaise and coordination with the OEM/technician representative.
- Liaise with supervisors to complete fieldwork.
- In collaboration with the contractor and the project control team, confirm agreement adherence (Level 4-Level 5), validate forecasts with supervisors.
- Validate progress with supervisor and contractors, compare QURR to physical progress in the field. Perform variance review and review forecast with supervisors.
- Participates in the review, monitoring, and communication of changes of the Simultaneous Operations.
- Responsible to communicate the interface to the supervisor’s team.
- Validate the material report with the site material team and ensure that the material supplied by the Contractor is visible in the CDM/FIWP.
- In collaboration with supervisors and Field Engineer, identify changes in the field and ensure that the scope or direction is clear. Communicate potential changes and ensure that no work is undertaken before management review.
- Support the Contract Management team to review the supplier's proposed change. Collect Execution Notes from Supervisors, share information.
- Temporary Infrastructure & Access Planning. Contribute to site-wide traffic management.
- Attend field inspection with supervisors.
- Participate in the Field Leadership program.
- Assists Superintendents, as assigned, in day-to-day planning and execution of various scopes of work within varying phases of construction.
- Track installed quantities and update relevant project tracking databases, coordinating input with the Superintendent by reviewing progress on site. Coordinate schedule and cost input with Project Controls.
- In consultation with Superintendents and Subcontractor representatives, undertake short term (and other) construction planning (e.g., 3 week rolling schedule development using the approved 90-day schedule as the basis)
- Prepares daily progress for the
- Use of Project system, methods, and automation tools, including document management system to ensure correct project record keeping is maintained.
- Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training plus 5 to 10 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings, and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Working knowledge of Workface Planning.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner.
Preferred Qualifications / Training:
- Working knowledge of 3D model.
- Familiar with the use computer aided design (CAD)
- Previous experience of Quantity Take Offs and estimating.
- Engineering or EIT Registered would be considered an asset.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.