New Job Partnerships And Events Manager In Nova Scotia
|Partnerships and Events Manager
Partnerships and Events Manager
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $60,000–$75,000 a year
Location : Nova Scotia
ABOUT GOOD ROBOT
Good Robot was founded by three friends who quit their careers to live and work together as they did in school. We celebrate camaraderie which is at the heart of everything we do. And, like the founders, we are misfits - quirky, eccentric oddballs who left careers in which we felt we didn’t belong to create a community in which we do.
The vision of Good Robot is:
“To be the curators of our communities’ quirky beverage and food experiences.”
Our vision and values were discovered by our entire team. We agreed that in everything we do, we are:
Good-willed: hospitable, kind, generous, and good-natured towards each other, our guests, our partners, and our communities
Deliberate: acting with intent and considerate of the impact it causes
Trailblazing: setting trends rather than following them (zigging when our industry zags)
Quirky: not off-putting, but deliberately eccentric, fun, and different - we are weirdos!
We are always looking for the right misfits for our island. If you are hungry to grow, dedicated, hardworking, fun-loving, idea-generating blazer of trails, and celebrator of all things quirky, please fill out the form below to be considered for our Partnerships & Events Specialist position.
The Partnerships & Events Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of Good Robot’s public and private events, as well as all brand partnerships and collaborations. The Partnerships & Events Manager will work closely with the marketing team to ensure brand consistency and successful promotion of events. They’ll also interact regularly with the hospitality team at all Good Robot locations.
- Develop & implement Good Robot’s event strategy and calendar
- Plan & execute all events at GR locations (including our Goodwill program) based on strategic objectives of the company
- Build and nurture relationships with strategic partners
- Analyze client or customer feedback to improve the business plan
- Meet with new stakeholders and maintain relationships with current ones
- Act as point person for all private events (including weddings)
- Be able to delegate tasks amongst different departments to ensure successful events
- Manage off site events such as trade shows and festivals
- Work with the marketing team to ensure the successful promotion of all public events
- Manage sponsorship requests
- Identify and pursue strategic collaborations, sponsorships, or partners
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in event management
- Extremely organized and comfortable managing a project from start to finish
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter / self-motivated
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience with ROI reporting
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
The following are assets that are ‘nice to have’ but not required:
- Self-described as a strategic thinker
- Project management experience
- Experience working in the hospitality and/or commercial sales industries
- Experience working on or with a marketing team
- Community-minded with strong industry connections
SOME JOB PERKS
- Discounts on Good Robot products
- Discounts at Good Robot locations
- Paid Good Robot culture onboarding training
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Flexible work schedule during off-season
HEALTH & WELLNESS BENEFITS
Here at Good Robot, we believe in a healthy life and that includes looking after ourselves and one another. As such, our company provides the opportunity to become part of our benefits plan for health & wellness benefits for successful candidates.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, and Women/Trans folk in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application IF you are comfortable doing so.
Join our island of misfits at a very exciting and pivotal moment in our company's storybook.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS B3K 4P2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Please describe your experience in Event Management.
- If you could host your dream event with no limits, what would it be?
- Who is your favourite Disney villain and why?
- Why Good Robot?
- [OPTIONAL] If you are a member of one of the equity groups discussed in the beginning of this application, you are encouraged to self-identify here IF you are comfortable doing so.
- Event Management: 5 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Halifax, NS B3K 4P2