New Job Operator - System Control In Alberta
|Operator - System Control
Operator - System Control
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $59.83 an hour
Location : Alberta
The City of Red Deer is currently recruiting for an Operator – System Control. This is a critical technical position in the Electrical Operations Group of the City Utilities department responsible for the safe operation, regulatory compliance, technical planning, and maintenance of the SCADA system and associated communications systems within the City owned electric utility network. Work is performed under the general direction of the Lead Operator – System Control. Development and maintenance of strong working relationships with Electric Utility staff, other City of Red Deer departments and their contractors is essential.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- Diploma in an Electrical Engineering Technology Program from a recognized technical institution and/or Journeyman Power System Electrician or Journeyman Power Line Technician, with transmission and distribution voltage construction and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience in a control room setting and liaising with Operational crews with respect to protection requests, switching orders and blocks and tags is preferred.
- Current Safety Codes Officer (SCO) certification or ability to attain certification is considered an asset.
- Possess a Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Working knowledge of Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) legislation and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Alberta Electrical Utility Code.
- Ability to become a North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Certified Operator.
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered.
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 254
$59.83 per hour
Hours of Work:
80 hours biweekly; Monday to Friday; some evening and weekend work may be required when needed.We thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.