New Job Occupational Health And Safety Advisor In Quebec
|Occupational Health and Safety Advisor
Occupational Health and Safety Advisor
Company : Library and Archives Canada
Salary : $71,599–$77,368 a year
Location : Quebec
$71,599 to $77,368
To get a sense of what it means to work at Library and Archives Canada (LAC), check out this webpage and be sure to watch the YouTube video: Working at Library and Archives Canada
Closing date: 12 May 2023 - 23:59, Pacific TimeWho can apply: Persons residing in Canada, and Canadian citizens and Permanent residents abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
You must provide concrete and detailed examples to clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience requirements listed in the essential qualifications and asset qualifications section. The screening board cannot make any assumptions about your experience. It is not sufficient to say that you have the required qualifications or to list your current duties. One effective approach would be to write one or two paragraphs demonstrating that you have the required experience and ensure that clear and accurate details are provided. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT CLEARLY DEMONSTRATE THAT THE CANDIDATE MEETS THE SCREENING CRITERIA WILL NOT BE GIVEN FURTHER CONSIDERATION.
✨ Library and Archives Canada offers a number of advantages:
1) We have our own compensation service and compensation advisors are available on site. LAC is not serviced by the Pay Centre.
2) All human resources are located in the same place.
3) Language training is available internally to all employees.
4) This position work location is 550 boulevard de la Cité, Gatineau (Québec) and is easily accessible by bus. We also have a paid parking ($) right beside the building.
Intent of the process
The immediate need is to staff one (1) indeterminate position.
A pool of partially qualified candidates may be established. This process may be used to staff similar positions with various tenures, linguistic profiles and levels, and security clearance levels, within Library and Archives Canada.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Secondary school diploma or employer-approved alternatives.
The employer-approved alternatives to a secondary school diploma are:
- A satisfactory score on the Public Service Commission test approved as an alternative to a secondary school diploma; or
- An acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience in analyzing information, providing advice and guidance and making recommendations to management and clients on a range of Occupational Health and Safety issues.
- Experience in the interpretation and application of Federal and/or Provincial and/or Municipal legislation related to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Experience in managing the process of the work accident case.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Bilingual - Imperative (BBB/BBB)
Information on language requirements
Knowledge of current trends and challenges related to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Demonstrating integrity and respect.
- Thinking things through.
- Working effectively with others.
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented.
- Client service orientation.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to provide advice and guidance.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Post-secondary education related to the field of health and safety.
- Experience in developing, implementing, administrating and monitoring elements of an Occupational Health and Safety program.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations or training.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENT :
Working from the Gatineau (QC) work location at least 2 days per week and according to operational needs.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Communications with Candidate :
Acknowledgment of receipt of applications will not be sent. We will contact candidates when the screening process is completed.
Application Information :
Our intention is to communicate with the candidates by email. Candidates who apply to this selection process must include in their application the following:
o A valid email address. Please make sure that this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
If you do not respond to our communications, we will interpret this as your withdrawal from the process
o Your substantive group and level and your employment status
o Your Personal Record Identifier (PRI).
You must provide proof of your education credentials. Candidates with foreign credentials must provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Consult the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials for further information at: http://www.cicic.ca.
Candidates may be required to meet the asset qualifications or the organizational needs, depending on the requirements of the specific position being staffed.
An interview will be administred
A written exam will be administred
A referenche check will be done
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.