New Job Manager, International Student Integration & Support In Ontario
|Manager, International Student Integration & Support
Manager, International Student Integration & Support
Company : George Brown College
Salary : $77,521–$96,900 a year
Location : Ontario
CLOSING: Open until filled.
George Brown College is located on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and other Indigenous peoples who have lived here over time. We are grateful to share this land as treaty people who learn, work, and live in the community with each other.
George Brown College is committed to creating and sustaining an equitable and inclusive learning and working environment. We encourage and actively seek applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized people, visible minorities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, all genders, and persons with disabilities.
To be a college renowned for its inclusion, excellence, relevance, impact, and leadership.
This position is responsible for providing leadership to the positive integration and transition of international students into College life. This position manages a specialized team who provide support services and programs for the college’s diverse international student population. The incumbent manages all services and supports for current international students from registration through to beyond graduation.
Manages international student advisors and international student support advisors and integration officers to support their performance, growth, and development.
- Provides leadership and management to the International student integration and support team, including management of both union and non-union staff.
- Leads and manages all international student supports for current students, including front-line customer service, international student advising, international student specific programming and student event management.
- Leads the training of departmental contacts.
- Manages services and supports for current international students through the entire lifecycle at GBC through to graduation and application of post-graduate work permit.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of College academic programs and student services, including int'l admission requirements and academic policies.
- Based on data and Ministry survey information across colleges, establishes benchmarks and is accountable for meeting annual targeted increases in international student survey results; evaluates the effectiveness and design of existing programs and services in comparison with other colleges; researches and implements best practices in improving the international student experience and retention of international students.
- Leads the design, development, and implementation of a range of innovative and responsive programs and services for international students College-wide. Ensures that programs are designed to balance the effective representation of international student interest with the interests and policies of the College.
- Develops and fosters partnerships with student service departments, academic departments, and student groups to develop and implement policies, programs, and services to enhance students’ personal, social, and intellectual development and assist international students to achieve success.
- Provides expert advice to Student Engagement divisional management to ensure the effective development and execution of international strategy and business planning; provides expert advice to academic divisions to enhance international student success and retention.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Educational and Experience requirements:
Three-year Diploma or Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in International Relations, Education, Business Administration, or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree preferred.
- Licensed Regulated International Immigration Advisor (RISIA) or Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) is required.
- Five (5) years’ experience in the development and implementation of student programs and services, including two years’ experience in a related education service setting; one to two years of overseas work and/or study experience.
- Experience in survey administration, execution, and interpretation of survey data.
- Experience developing relationships within the private and public sector.
- Experience managing a diverse team within a unionized environment.
- Experience in designing/delivering workshops and managing large events preferred.
- Experience leading collaborative projects and cross-functional teams; experience working across a broad range of student groups, with student services and with relevant academic stakeholders preferred.
- Computer skills, including the use of databases, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, social media.
Skills and Attributes:
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation skills; cross-cultural sensitivity and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage stressful and complex time-sensitive situations with a high degree of diplomacy and discretion.
- Proven client service leadership and conflict resolution skills; results driven.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; second language an asset.
- Solid supervisory, administrative, and leadership skills are required.
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold the College’s priorities on diversity and equity.
Interview process may consist of a practical skills component.
- The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews or offer.
- GBC employees please use https://adfs.georgebrown.ca/adfs/ls/IdpInitiatedSignOn.aspx to apply via our internal site using your GBC credentials for consideration prior to the internal closing date.
George Brown College prides itself on educating students through real-world learning, in the heart of Toronto. Our faculty and employees make this vision a reality, and we support them by making George Brown a great place to work. See why we are consistently ranked as one of GTA’s top employers.
Why work here?
George Brown College offers hybrid work opportunities, a competitive pension plan, generous holiday and vacation time, a tuition assistance program, discounted rates for employees taking Continuing Education courses, and an equitable work environment where everyone matters.
George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Candidates who require accommodation in the hiring process may contact [email protected] confidentially.