New Job Kinesiologist - Halifax, Ns In Nova Scotia
|Kinesiologist - Halifax, NS
Kinesiologist - Halifax, NS
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
If you’re an energetic, enthusiastic Kinesiologist seeking personal and professional growth, CBI Health has an excellent opening in Halifax, NS that will enable you to meet your career goals while enjoying the support of one of the largest healthcare networks in Canada.
CBI Health is looking for a Kinesiologist to complement our talented interdisciplinary team in our Halifax - North clinic. This is your opportunity to do the work you love every day. Using your exercise therapy skills, you will achieve outstanding clinical outcomes and client engagement with the people that you treat while helping your clients to return to work and everyday activities at all stages of rehabilitation.
Take an inside look at what you'll do each day:
- Treat Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA), LTD, WCB and private patients in a gym setting;
- Work under the direction of the Physiotherapist and/or Occupational Therapist in matters regarding; treatment, progression of treatment and management of the client;
- Design and implement a therapeutic exercise program to meet the identified client needs;
- Complete employer assessments such as Physical Demands Analysis (PDA), Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) and Functional Abilities Evaluation (FAE) to confirm job capability of essential job demands;
- Prepare progress and discharge reports delegated by the treating clinician;
- Assist the treating clinician with return to work planning;
- Ensure the gym area is presentable, organized and free of obvious safety hazards.
Here's what you will need to be successful:
- You must be a graduate of a Bachelor of Kinesiology program;
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Are comfortable working collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Have a focus on continuing to improve your skills;
- Be empathetic with an effective ability to build rapport with patients;
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and to facilitate our clients’ needs by exceeding their goals;
What CBI Health can offer to you
We are proud of our friendly environment, supportive leadership and the knowledgeable team members who make it all possible. That is why we do everything we can to show our appreciation. Our training, mentoring and education programs will provide you with opportunities for continued learning – and support and guidance whenever you need it. At CBI Health, you will have the freedom to define your own career path through our many opportunities for growth and development.
Here’s a look at our total rewards:
- Continuous learning and skills development, including career advancement opportunities
- Training and mentoring from a national network of experts
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits and rewards package, including group health, dental and vision benefits, paid 100% by the employer
- Flexible hours, which allow work-life balance and focus on quality of life
CBI Health is Canada’s leading community healthcare provider, and our passionate team is at the heart of what we do. Every day, our 13,000 staff make a meaningful difference in our clients’ lives as we live the core values that define us: heart, respect, reliability, teamwork and innovation. Along with mentoring and continuous learning opportunities to help advance your career, we are building a culture of inspiration, recognition and celebration for the meaningful work our team does every day, all across the country. Join CBI Health and find where your better begins. Learn more at cbihealth.ca.
CBI Health is proud to be recognized by Deloitte as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the 16th year in a row. A huge thank you to all our team members, whose dedication, passion, and innovation have enabled us to achieve this recognition year after year.
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different.