New Job Intermediate Structural Engineer In Manitoba
|Intermediate Structural Engineer
Intermediate Structural Engineer
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
If you want to join a company where you can have tangible impact and are interested in working with industry leading experts, an opportunity exists to join our dynamic and growing team in Winnipeg, MB, one of Canada’s most culturally diverse cities, as an Intermediate Structural Engineer. Here you will support the delivery of projects and programs for our clients and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
- You will be able to grow your technical skills by collaborating with members of our team to deliver ongoing and upcoming projects in the water industry.
- You will play a key role in growing the local office by establishing long term client relationships, supporting our business development activities, and mentoring junior staff.
- Your experience in designing structures will be used to produce meaningful solutions to local, regional, and national project challenges based on applicable codes, and established standards and software.
- You will draw on the knowledge of our technical subject matter experts to lead or support our work in the water, industrial, and transportation industries.
- You will participate in the development of engineering studies, reports, drawings, specifications, contract documents, proposals, and cost estimates with minimal direction; and provide construction administration services and field engineering services during construction as needed.
You’ll be working mainly from home (unless you prefer coming into the office), with the expectation to travel for client /site meetings and occasional team meetings.Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering and/or equivalent experience
- Licensed (or eligible to be licensed) as a professional engineer in the Province of Manitoba
- 7+ years of progressive structural engineering experience working on municipal and industrial projects
- Proficient in interpreting building codes and other applicable design standards
- Experience delivering design and providing services during construction (submittal reviews, site inspections, etc.)
- Exposure to structural analysis and design software (i.e., STAAD, RAM, SAP2000, Visual Analysis, REVIT, AutoCAD etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail, self motivation, and the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Class 5 (intermediate or full) license (or equivalent), and a willingness and ability to travel to project sites inaccessible by public transit.
- Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba (or able to relocate to Winnipeg within 3 months)
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Manitoba
- Experience designing building structures for municipal and industrial water industry facilities
- Experience designing structural design elements pertaining to water resources and transportation projects
- Experience working with City of Winnipeg and Manitoba Infrastructure design details and specifications
- 7+ years working in a consulting engineering environment
- Master’s Degree in Structural and Seismic Engineering
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.