New Job Intermediate Administrative Assistant In Alberta
|Intermediate Administrative Assistant
Intermediate Administrative Assistant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $31.30–$41.86 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As the Intermediate Administrative Assistant, you will provide intermediate administrative support assigned to a vast array of leaders and teams within Water Services. A strong level of business knowledge is required to assist with the efficient and successful operational requirements. Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills are necessary to liaise with divisional staff, other employees within the department, other business units within the Corporation and external clients. Primary duties include:
- Provide customer service by researching and responding to a variety of questions from staff.
- Create documents and communications for internal and external parties.
- Schedule meetings as well as attend to take minutes and distribute materials.
- Provide procurement support by understanding corporate policies and processes, setting up purchase orders (including Ariba entries), reviewing and reallocating associated invoices (including reconciling match exceptions), and tracking year-end accruals.
- Work with field staff, estimators, and the law department to claim back funds on damage done to Water Utility assets.
- Provide general administrative support to maintain databases, initiate remedy tickets, order supplies and forms, filing and compliance monitoring, oversee copy rooms, and mail/courier support.
A High school diploma or GED and at least 4 years of related experience; OR
A completed 1 year certificate in business administration and at least of 2 years of related experience.
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word) is required.
Previous experience with Finance & Supply Chain Management (FSCM), Physical Objects, Content Server, SharePoint and 311 Customer Service experience will be considered assets.
Success in this position requires good customer service and teamwork skills, excellent communication skills, strong planning and organizing skills and the ability to multi task while maintaining accuracy.
A security clearance will be conducted.
Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Water Services
Position Type: 1 Temporary (up to 18 months)
Location: 625 25 Avenue SE
Compensation: Pay Grade 6 $31.30 - 41.86 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: May 11, 2023
Job ID #: 307599