New Job Hr Data Controller In Nova Scotia
|HR Data Controller
HR Data Controller
Company : Halifax Regional Municipality
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Halifax Regional Municipality is inviting applications for one full-time, temporary (up to 12 months) position of HR Data Controller in the Employee Services section of Human Resources. The term position may become permanent through the business planning process. Once permanency is determined, the incumbent may have their status changed from temporary to permanent without going through a second competition, provided performance expectations are being met. This posting may be used to build an eligibility list for future opportunities.
Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) is committed to reflecting the community it serves and recognizing Diversity and Inclusion as one of the Municipality’s core values. We have an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Women in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented in the workforce, Indigenous/Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and 2SLGBTQ+ Persons. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify on their electronic application.
The HR Data Controller (HRDC) is responsible to maintain the integrity of employee data through review and maintenance of all employee data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) relative to audit of all employee data transactions.
- Provides training to key stakeholders as required to ensure proper processes relative to employee actions are followed.
- Acts as a subject matter expert relative to employee data maintenance.
- Responds to inquiries and advises managers/internal clients of rules and guidelines surrounding employee data transactions for employee actions, including hire, status changes, transfers, promotions, terminations and leaves.
- Identifies system issues and provides detailed information to SAP Specialists regarding same to information required system configuration changes.
- Response to inquiries and advises managers/internal clients of correct transactions to submit and required information to process employee data changes.
- Analyzes and approves requests for mass data changes in consult with Organizational Management and SAP Specialists.
- Conducts regular audits of employee data to identify potential issues.
- Investigates issues with key stakeholders and provides recommendations to address the deficiencies.
- Consults with key stakeholders regarding employee actions that are not aligned with established procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Two-year Diploma Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Minimum five years’ experience with HR data management.
- Minimum five years’ experience with SAP HR information system.
- Minimum two years’ experience with process documentation and analysis.
- Minimum two years’ experience in data auditing and quality control.
- CHRP designation is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Technical / Job Specific Knowledge and Abilities:
- Advanced user proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio), with expert level skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in SAP HR module.
- Solid problem-solving capabilities with ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users/customers.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to translate the analysis into meaningful reports with recommended actions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects; working unsupervised exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Effective time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with and maintaining sensitive and confidential information.
Security Clearance Requirements: Applicants may be required to complete an employment security screening check.
Please note – Testing may be conducted as a component of the selection process to assess technical and job specific knowledge. Candidates, who are selected for testing, may be tested in a group setting, scheduled at the employer’s discretion.
COMPETENCIES: Analytical Thinking, Customer Service, Communication, Organizational Awareness, Organization & Planning, Teamwork & Cooperation, Values & Ethics, Valuing Diversity
WORK STATUS: One temporary, full-time position (up to 12 months).
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm; 35 hours per week
SALARY: Non-Union, Level 5, $60,800 - $83,530. Salary to be commensurate with experience.
WORK LOCATION: Purdy’s Wharf Tower 2, 1969 Upper Water Street, Halifax.
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be received up to 11:59 pm on May 28, 2023
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview/testing will be contacted.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with the Recruiter when invited to the assessment process.
(position #s 78628224)