New Job Executive Assistant In New Brunswick
Company : City of Moncton / Ville de Moncton
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
VISION: A city that inspires
MISSION: Working together to enhance the quality of life for all residents
VALUES: Sustainability, Inclusivity, Innovation, Accountability, Excellence, Bilingualism
Human Resources - Job # P1139
CLOSING DATE: NOON - MAY 31, 2023
This position provides executive administrative support to the Human Resources department which operates in a highly confidential and sensitive environment.
This position reports to the Manager, Talent Development.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION :
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at 506-877-7707 or visit www.moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the first officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This is a non-unionized position.
The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
City of Moncton Salary and Wage Scale
- Must have post-secondary education from an accredited institution with major course work in Business Administration OR formal post-secondary education in another discipline with relative business-related courses.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years' experience working in an Executive Assistant's position.
- Experience working in a Human Resource environment or related discipline would be an asset.
- Above-average interpersonal skills and organizational ability are required.
- Familiarity with union contracts, employee benefits and applicable Human Resources legislation would be a definite asset.
- The ability to function fluently in both official languages (English and French) is a requirement. As per provincial language proficiency standards, functional is determined to be at the Intermediate+ (2+) level or higher.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum typing speed of sixty (60) words per minute.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams and Outlook. Knowledge of Windows applications such as Internet/Intranet.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A high degree of accuracy will be required within this position.
- Required to resolve problems where work is of a routine nature and/or is governed by established instructions, policies or procedures. Also requires initiative or ingenuity to resolve frequent minor problems in situations not always covered by established practices, procedures or policies.
- Must have the ability to work independently without direct supervision and prioritize tasks to be completed.
- Must have the ability to work in an extremely busy environment and can prioritize workloads and deadlines while multitasking.
- Confidentiality is essential in the performance of all duties.
- Errors due to inaccuracy, neglect, or carelessness could result in delay or inconvenience and dissatisfied customers in terms of time or service.
- Should be willing to upgrade skills as required by changes in the workplace.
- Requires courtesy, tact, and diplomacy for exchanging information through calls from the public and government agencies. Has frequent internal contact with various personnel within the Human Resources Department and with other departments of the City.
- Requires behavioral characteristics that reflect the best interest of the Corporation and the Community at large. Confidentiality is paramount to this position.
- Must use judgment in dealing with public.
CONDITIONS OF WORK:
- The working conditions for this position are as outlined in the City of Moncton policy manual for non-scheduled employees.
- Must be available to work Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30pm.
- Work is carried out in an open office environment, must be able to keep focus and be mindful of the work setting.