New Job Event Lead (Kitchener Market And Downtown) In Ontario
|Event Lead (Kitchener Market and Downtown)
Event Lead (Kitchener Market and Downtown)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $18.64–$19.58 an hour
Location : Ontario
Event Lead (Kitchener Market and Downtown)
May 3, 2023
The City of Kitchener is a vibrant and dynamic city of approximately 270,000, in the heart of southwestern Ontario. As the largest municipality in Waterloo Region, Kitchener continues to be poised for development and growth, enhancing its reputation as a leader in city-building and innovation, with nationally recognized strategies to build its neighbourhoods, its digital infrastructure and its diverse economy.
The City of Kitchener is WHERE you want to work! Learn more about the top reasons to join us:
Why work at the City of Kitchener
This role is designed to provide event support on the day of to assist with event execution, troubleshooting, and casual employee direction. This role functions as a direct support to the FT Event Coordinators to ensure exceptional service, and successful execution of event plans. Event Plans are the scope of coordinators, and the Event Lead plays a supporting role on the delivery of all aspects of the event logistics.
- Coordinates event plan execution and coordinates activities of casual event staff
- Acts as point of contact for external rental customers, or event partners
- Assists vendors, crafters or sellers to support the successful execution of events/activations
- Acts as first point of contact for casual event staff including assigning work areas
- Checks facility prior to event; reports problems to appropriate staff and communicates information to supervisor
- Monitors staff during events
- Relieves casual event staff during scheduled breaks
- Resolves issues that involve set-up, execution, customer service, and escalates to the event coordinator as appropriate
- Surveys event set-up for alignment with plan, accessibility, readiness, and resolves items as required. Monitors event and staff during event.
- Ensures staff enforce applicable event, facility, AGCO rules and regulations
- Awareness of, and comfort enforcing Municipal Alcohol Policy, City policies, procedures, and Guidelines to monitor guests and visitors during performances, events, rentals
- Recognizes and takes action to correct and/or report customer service concerns, incidents, problems and emergencies; and contacts supervisor, security, or emergency personnel as required
- Effectively resolves displeased customer situations and/or complaints, or refers to supervisor as appropriate
- Communicates event instructions, and/or customer needs to front line event staff from supervisor
- Collects facility event occurrences reports from staff and submits forms to supervisor
- Provides instruction or direction to patrons in case of emergency
- Answers event and facility questions; directs patrons to service areas
- Performs checks and audits for safety as required. This includes pre-event, and post-event assessments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Grade 12 diploma
- 6 months of related experience
- Smart Serve Certification
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be willing to work in a team environment
- Possesses strong communication skills both written and oral
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must be willing to work various hours to accommodate the special events schedule, including evenings, weekends or stat holidays
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position e.g. lifting weights up to 25 lbs; and, prolong periods of standing and walking.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record
The City of Kitchener is committed to an equity-driven, inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and to ensuring our workforce reflects the full diversity of the community we serve. We welcome applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ persons, as well as other equity deserving groups.
We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] , or 519-741-2200 ext. 7261 to make your needs known, so that we can support your full and equal participation throughout the hiring process.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants. Only candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Please note that as per Human Resources Policy HUM-HIR- 110, "Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials":
"The immediate relatives of staff of the Human Resources Division, all Directors, General Managers , or the Chief Administrative Officer and Elected Officials shall not be employed by the City in any capacity.
The immediate relatives of all other Management personnel shall not be employed where such employment would be:
1. within the same Department in the case of permanent full-time, temporary full -time and part-time classifications.
2. within the same Division in the case of students."
Number of Positions
Hours of Work
Up to 24 hours per week
$18.64 - $19.58