New Job Deputy Chief Administrative Officer In Nova Scotia
|Deputy Chief Administrative Officer
Deputy Chief Administrative Officer
Company : Town of Bridgewater
Salary : $103,565–$132,833 a year
Location : Nova Scotia
Deputy Chief Administrative Officer - Administration Department
WORK WITH US
Bridgewater is a thriving town of more than 8,800 people, nestled in the heart of the historic LaHave River Valley. Known as the "Main Street of the South Shore," Bridgewater offers numerous services and industries to its citizens and the Lunenburg County region. Over the past decade, the Town of Bridgewater has emerged as an international leader in sustainability and energy transition planning and programming.
The Town of Bridgewater is committed to offering equal employment opportunities based on qualifications and performance, and free from discrimination because of age, race or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, family status, gender identity, or other protected characteristics, in accordance with the Nova Scotia Human Rights Code. At the Town of Bridgewater, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment, and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Deputy CAO serves as a vital resource to the CAO, assisting with the strategy, direction, coordination, and communication of all work performed within the Town of Bridgewater. As a senior leader of the organization and working with the CAO, the Deputy CAO provides forward thinking leadership, technical and managerial expertise to guide the organization in delivering the programs and services identified by Council. The Deputy CAO works with the CAO to lead the Strategic Management Team in the management and implementation of Council's Strategic Priorities. This includes leading the development of Strategic Priorities with Council and the Strategic Management Team and the subsequent departmental work plans and programs.
The Deputy CAO oversees the management of core functions of the administration department including asset management, communications, and grant coordination.
Required Qualifications: Education:
- Graduate degree in public administration or a related field which demonstrates knowledge of local government in Nova Scotia, or a bachelor's degree and demonstrated equivalent amount of experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are enrolled in, or have completed, the National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration (NACLAA) or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years' experience working in a local government environment
- A minimum of five years' experience in a senior leadership position, leading teams, and projects
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Qualities:
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written),
- Excellent computer skills, with experience in Office 365 and an e-Council environment preferred.
- Strong presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to manage, motivate and coach staff.
- Ability to improvise, multi-task, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Strong Leadership Skills with the ability to be both a Team Member and Team Leader as appropriate.
- Supervisory / people management, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Good working knowledge of the Municipal Government Act and other applicable legislation pertaining to local government.
- FOIPOP, PIPEDA,
- Good working knowledge of Municipal Operations
- Understanding of local (municipal) government and administration
- MS Office 365 (Office, Teams, Planner, Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc)
View the full job description at www.bridgewater.ca
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This position operates out of the Town Hall main office.
- Regular hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (35 hours per week). This position requires attendance at evening meetings of Council, in addition to other meetings outside of regular working hours and is compensated as per the Meeting Pay Policy.
- Salary: $ 103,565 - 132,833 (Group 7)
Interested individuals should forward a resume, cover letter. Submission should be sent in confidence to:
Ashley Chase, Human Resources Officer [email protected]
Competition# TOB DCAO_2023
Deadline to apply: May 26, 2023