New Job Crew Leader, Trails In Yukon
|Crew Leader, Trails
Crew Leader, Trails
Company : City of Whitehorse
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Job posting closes: May 26, 2023 at 05:00 p.m. Yukon Standard Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Crew Leader, Trails
The incumbent assists the Leadhand, Parks & Trails with the development, operation and maintenance of trails in the City.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with the development, operation and maintenance of trails in the City.
2. Direct, assign, check and maintain the flow of work of staff assigned to their crew and provide input to performance appraisals.
3. Follow and ensure reporting staff follow, so far as are reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards and ensures equipment is maintained in safe and working order.
4. Respond to public inquiries and report complaints.
5. Enforce established standards of conduct and decorum and appropriate use of equipment.
6. Maintain records and prepare reports.
7. Provide input into the annual budget.
8. Maintain equipment and supplies inventory, researches and purchases supplies and materials, and provides input into preliminary proposal calls and tenders.
9. Act as Leadhand, Parks & Trails as assigned.
10. Other related duties.
This description contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Regular hours of work are 4 x 10 hour shifts per week, between 0700-1730, Monday to Friday. Exposure to extreme temperatures and inclement weather when working outside.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Grade 12 and two years’ parks maintenance experience building and maintaining trails.
- 5 months on the job training.
- Experience operating a bobcat, excavator and trailering.
- General handyman ability along with flexibility and team player skills
- Basic computer skills
- Standard First Aid, CPR Level C (14 hours)
- ATV operator course (7 hours)
- Chainsaw course (21 hours)
- Class 5 Driver's License
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
Various hand tools including axe, chainsaw, trailers and bobcat, basic carpentry and small power tools, communications and office equipment, computer with applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, ERP and City vehicles.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/our-government/employment/how-to-apply/. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected].
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview.