New Job Corporate Controller (Mat Leave) In British Columbia
|Corporate Controller (Mat Leave)
Corporate Controller (Mat Leave)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
When we say It’s All About People we mean it. We have created a hybrid work model that helps us get together to Collaborate, Celebrate and Connect while enjoying the flexibility of working where it makes sense for you. For this role’s duty and responsibility we anticipate that you will be in the office 25% of the time.
A Day in the Life:
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the controllership team
- Manage the ERP implementation project, working with internal and external teams to meet project milestones
- Develop new processes/procedures to maximize the efficiencies within the new ERP system
- Lead the tax function including corporate tax planning and compliance with all required filings within Canada, the US, and Australia while optimizing tax efficiency
- Lead the treasury function to ensure cash management policies, procedures, and financial obligations are implemented and adhered to
- Monitor, evaluate, and maintain internal control framework around financial reporting, operation, and treasury processes
- Delegate strategic objectives across the team and functions as well as champion major strategic and change initiatives
- Oversee the accuracy and timely delivery of the financial information and reporting for all entities
- Support VP of Finance with ad-hoc projects as needed
What You Bring to the Table:
- Designated CPA, CA, CMA or CGA is required
- 10+ years of progressive financial reporting and finance operations experience
- 5+ years in a management role
- Solid understanding of ASPE, US GAAP/IFRS
- Adaptable, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed oriented and well organized
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks independently and meet strict deadlines
- Public practice experience in private enterprises is an asset
- ERP implementation experience is an asset
Did you know O2E Brands has been voted one of the Best Workplaces in Canada 12 times!?Take a sneak peek into why that is, here: (https://youtu.be/DJA02gMNU-0)
Check us out on social!
At O2E Brands we know that great talent comes in many forms and we want to meet you at your best. We will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities at any time throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected] or notify the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with if unique arrangements will enable your equal participation.